• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What Dry Bag do you use for travel?

FWIW, I never bought a new dry bag simply because life changed dramatically. Covid + we got a 2 month old Foster baby brought to our house pretty much eliminated long distance rides for a while. Covid is pretty much over for us, and my foster son is now 15 months old; looks increasingly like the court may award permanent custody of him to his grandmother & her ex-convict husband. Not saying I'm thrilled with that. But we may be traveling again soon.

As for Dry Bags, I don't see a better dry bag, in terms of features, that the Amphibious 60L. It has reflector patches for visibility, more latch on points that all the other brands combined and a handy mesh exterior pocket. SW MOTECH has a nice shape, with a flat bottom but is long and skinny in the large size, minimal lashing points, no reflectivity patches. FirstGear 70L is the bargain bag at price per liter capacity, great lashing point access, great features, but no reflectivity patches. Wolfman is pretty stripped down in features, just a basic heavy duty dry bag. Certainly lots of other brands out there.

The Amphibious is the easiest to strap to the bike and also the easiest to strap other things to with it's combination of molle straps and 3 D rings on each end plus 6 additional D rings on each long side.

If we need one for the next long trip I'm not sure which bag I'd get, but I narrowed it down to 2 choices. Realistically buying one will depend upon camping or motel travel decisions. If we don't camp I won't need a larger bag. If we do camp it will be one of these 2 bags:
  • Amphibious 60L dry baby, the brand is proved waterproof, it has every feature, most of every brand, most lashing points, currently use this brand and it is extremely heavy duty.
  • FirstGear 70L dry bag, bargain priced, larger size, full of features except reflective patches
Current prices have gone up on the Amphibious bag, it is now $120 versus the FirstGear's price of $80.

torrent-waterproof-duffel-bag-70l-capacity_1.jpg.ashx.jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 6.43.46 AM.png

Back