• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What I did to my helmet to 'improve visibility'

MZ5

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a plain white helmet. I've read they're among the best for visibility, plus they're sometimes a bit less expensive. :) Anyway, I wanted something with a little 'pop' in the dark, without messing up the daytime white too much.

Okay, it's a cheesy home-done job, but I like it. I like shiny reflective stickers. :)

Helmet wings daylight.jpg
Helmet wings dark.jpg

Thanks! Tapeworks gets credit, too! If you could see how poorly I do with crayons and a coloring book, you'd think I had a genius moment. :p

Looks really great and very visible. What brand tape did you use?

Thanks! Tapeworks.com was where I got it. No idea of brand. They'll sell a kit that'd cost ~$100 when pre-done in retro-reflective stuff, or just order some of their bulk tape. Their bulk stuff is ~14" wide, so a couple or three feet will give enough to play around, screw up, re-do, etc. :)

That is a BRILLIANT idea!

Actually, I have done that on all my helmets, but I lack the skills to do it to that extent. I usually just cut a bit of reflective tape to kinda follow the design on the helmet.
To do this to my current helmet though, I need better tape (mine is the ones with the "hex" designs on it, reflects well, but it has to be head-on).

EDIT:
My tape is like this:
HI VIZ Intensity Grade White Reflective Tape 30 X 300mm | eBay

However, my kid's 50€ helmet (LS2 FF351) comes with 4 stickers that are super reflective from damn near all angles. And I want THOSE.

Last edited:
Here is what I found (and bought before I though better of it):
NEW REFLECTIVE TAPE 25, 50, 100mm SELF ADHESIVE VARIED COLOURS WEATHERPROOF | eBay
and
2 X REFLECTIVE BLACK SELF STICKY VINYL/TAPE REFLECTS WHITE 200mm x 50mm | eBay

You may be wondering: "What the... frack? BLACK reflective tape???"
Well that beauty is black, but reflects WHITE. (My helmet has it behind the visor, on the sides).
I intend to coat my mohawk with it. Reflective - White sawblades FTW!
And this way I can stick 'em to the bike and keep them very discreet - until a car illuminates me from the side.

That looks fantastic! I love stickers too. Great idea. Did you order a precut graphic or draw and cut it by hand? I'd like do do the same or similar on my silver lid. Always liked the wing logo.

Last edited:
I've done this to all my previous helmets, and this one is now also ready!
Taking a page off OP's post, I went a bit overboard on this one... :D (previous ones were more subtle).
Daylight pic is WITH the reflectors in place.

20131015_145114.jpg20131015_185540.jpg20131015_185618.jpg20131015_185627.jpg20131015_185636.jpg20131015_185657.jpg

Back