• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What is the availability of the NC750X DCT in the U.S.A.? Especially California.

It's mostly supply and demand, but California is especially high.

Seen what?
Seen what?

"Additional dealer Markup" added above MSRP beyond Tax, title

Did you read the hang tag in post 21? They are charging $2195 extra for " freight, assembly, service, dealer insurance, profit & overhead, flooring and other costs where applicable"

and now that I notice it they are saying MSRP is $9699 when it is actually $9299 so they hid another $400 there

That dealer is an outrageous lying thief IMO

Truck prices and car prices are apples vs oranges. Car makers have much higher profit margins on trucks than cars.

Seen what?

Did you read the hang tag in post 21? They are charging $2195 extra for " freight, assembly, service, dealer insurance, profit & overhead, flooring and other costs where applicable"

and now that I notice it they are saying MSRP is $9699 when it is actually $9299 so they hid another $400 there

2021 MSRP was $9299 for the DCT. Then $400 for delivery to the dealer. I expected to pay $9600 + tax and title for mine when I started looking.

2021 MSRP was $9299 for the DCT. Then $400 for delivery to the dealer. I expected to pay $9600 + tax and title for mine when I started looking.
I agree a few hundred for freight and set up on top of the normal $9299 MSRP is reasonable, the dealer does have to have the bikes shipped to them and pay someone to put the battery in it maybe and a couple of gallons of gas. Bikes come mostly assembled with oil these days.

but THAT dealer is charging Honda's MSRP of $ 9299 PLUS an additional $400 listed in their MSRP for ??? (could be freight and set up???) and calling that the MSRP.... PLUS an additional $2,198.00 for ADM.... PLUS tax, tile and documentation fees.

I agree a few hundred for freight and set up on top of the normal $9299 MSRP is reasonable, the dealer does have to have the bikes shipped to them and pay someone to put the battery in it maybe and a couple of gallons of gas. Bikes come mostly assembled with oil these days.

but THAT dealer is charging Honda's MSRP of $ 9299 PLUS an additional $400 listed in their MSRP for ??? (could be freight and set up???) and calling that the MSRP.... PLUS an additional $2,198.00 for ADM.... PLUS tax, tile and documentation fees.
Yeah. I agree. I wouldn't pay it. When I decided to purchase one, I set my limit at $9600 + tax and MAYBE $200 for the title work. After that, I was prepared to wait out the dealers until they had enough of them that they started sitting on the sales floor or buy a VL650 or VL1050.

You wouldn’t pay it, and apparently no one else is. That’s why the bike is still on the showroom floor.

I think the trick here is the buyer sees the tag, saleperson strolls over and says they’ll knock $1000 off that price if you buy today. Potential buyer gets all excited, and falls for the bait. Dealer still got $1195 additional markup. The duped buyer thinks they got a good deal at $1000 off. Dealer was a thief? No. Buyer was not smart, or was very desperate for a motorcycle.

I had a good selection here in St. Louis. My regular go to dealer had a 2022 DCT and a 2022 manual on the showroom floor. They no longer have that DCT as it's in my garage. My next go to dealer had a manual 2022 on their floor.

I had a good selection here in St. Louis. My regular go to dealer had a 2022 DCT and a 2022 manual on the showroom floor. They no longer have that DCT as it's in my garage. My next go to dealer had a manual 2022 on their floor.
So, I guess they are actually shipping them to the U.S.A.

So, I guess they are actually shipping them to the U.S.A.
My local Honda dealer fills out lists of motorcycles that they want to stock. They refer to it as their wishlist. Honda of America determines which dealers get what shipments based on some unknown scale according to my dealer. I’ve purchased three motorcycles from this dealer and raced with the owners son for years. I trust what he is telling me. I’ve been on a waiting list for an Africa Twin since last year August. The dealer is a smaller dealer that sells Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha cycles. Yamaha stopped shipping and taking orders from him last year. Honda is severely backed up. And Kawasaki sends them everything they ask for. My community is rural/farm/backroad and can’t keep side by sides, four wheelers and dual purpose motorcycles on the showroom floor.

If I were to travel to a large, Honda only dealer, I’m sure I could find a larger selection, but I’m a traditionalist that would rather do business locally to keep my shop around.

Hope this helps.

Last summer I phoned the dealers in my state, only one had a ship date.
A dealer 100 miles away said he had a ship date, it arrived 3 months later in August.

When I decided to buy mine in January, I first used cycle trader, but after calling a few dealers that showed they had one and actually didn’t, I found out they don’t update their inventory if one gets sold and my best bet would be to call all of the dealerships in my area. A few dealerships had them in Vegas and was going to have them ship one to me for about $400, but turns out most NC750Xs sold outside the state aren’t street legal here. So I called EVERY dealer in California and there was only one dealer that actually had one in LA.

Last edited:
When I decided to buy mine in January, I first used cycle trader, but after calling a few dealers that showed they had one and actually didn’t, I found out they don’t update their inventory if one gets sold and my best bet would be to call all of the dealerships in my area. A few dealerships had them in Vegas and was going to have them ship one to me for about $400, but turns out most NC750Xs sold outside the state aren’t street legal here. So I called EVERY dealer in California and there was only one dealer that actually had one in stock down in LA, so I planned to fly down and ride it back up to Oakland. View attachment 48937

Oddly enough I ended up calling the dealers in my area once more before buying my plane ticket and it just so happened that Contra Costa Powersports was going to be getting in the exact bike I was looking for as a trade in the very next day! Talk about lucky! View attachment 48938
So I put down a $1000 deposit right away and ended picking it up two days later. Yeah, I bought it used but it had only ~300 miles on it, an older gentleman ended up trading it in for a Can-am Spyder quoting his balance wasn’t the same but wasn’t going to give up riding. He put some decent basic mods like handlebar risers, bigger windscreen, top case and center stand, so I didn’t mind paying a new bike price even though it was used. My advice is to hound the dealers in your area and give them your info in case they get one as a trade in or either have one shipped to you from one that has it or plan a road trip.
Honda only imported one EPA certified model of 2021 & 2022 NC750X into the USA and it is equipped with either manual or DCT transmission. The 2021/22 Honda NC750XA AC or NC750XD AC is 50 state legal. There is no CA only bike.

Regardless Daniel, congrats on picking up a nicely farkled 21. Make sure the recall has been done if it falls in the serial number group

Honda only imported one EPA certified model of 2021 & 2022 NC750X into the USA and it is equipped with either manual or DCT transmission. The 2021/22 Honda NC750XA AC or NC750XD AC is 50 state legal. There is no CA only bike.
Just relaying what I was told, however if that is the case, the OP should look into having it shipped from another state. Also from what I was told, the dealers that requested this bike were only allotted 1 manual and 1 DCT and they’ve all sold like hotcakes.

Regardless Daniel, congrats on picking up a nicely farkled 21. Make sure the recall has been done if it falls in the serial number group
I did that immediately thanks to being made aware of by the dealer, fortunately my vin didn’t pull up the recall. I did however have them change out the drive switch, under warranty, which was acting up and wouldn’t engage into drive from neutral unless I fiddled with the wiring while engaging drive, that was around 4k miles.

I live in DFW, TX. The closest 21/22 DCT I could find was in St. Robert, MO. Found it on a Tuesday at 3:00 PM. Was on the 8:00 AM flight Wednesday, purchased by 1 PM and drove home on Route 66 over the next two days. Great adventure!

Attachments

• 5DC0528C-1A0A-4BE5-8A24-B657AE0DB07D.jpeg
    5DC0528C-1A0A-4BE5-8A24-B657AE0DB07D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
Back