• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What is the trick?

JMWING

Reaction score
Visit site
2019 NC750x

How does a guy remove the inner bar weight (throttle side) without breaking anything?
I've been at this for a while now...what is the trick?

Attachments

• PXL_20210926_194846746.jpg
    PXL_20210926_194846746.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
I saw this. It doesn't appear to be the same as mine. Maybe a different year of bike?
I've depressed the clips on both sides and I cannot get that inner bar weight to move. I've tried needle nose pliers but I can tell it's going to lead to damage if I continue.
I've also tried threading the screw from the external bar weight, depressing the clips, and pulling on the screw.
No joy...

Thread a long bolt into it and use vise grips or pliers and smack out with a hammer or mallet. Easy.
Seriously? This isn't going to damage the plastic twist throttle?
I'll do it...maybe I've been a little scared of too much force

From our photos, I don't see where you have exposed the holes that the retaining clips lock into for the throttle side.

Loosen the front brake lever where it attaches to the bars. Slide it towards the centre. Remove the kill switch housing to expose the screws on the throttle body. Remove the throttle body housing enough to get the locating pins in the housing out of the bars. Slide the throttle tube in towards the middle to expose the the retaining clips holes. Depress the clips while rotating and pulling the external bar weight and they will come out. Some windex down the hole will help with lube. If you don't want to reuse the weights and just want to get them out u can pull until the clip breaks. I broke my first clip but have been reusing the weights each year when I swap out my winter handguards.

Your welcome. There are probably many ways to do it, but that's my technic. Simple and works.
It worked...I'm pretty certain something fell inside of the handlebar tube but the weight is out ‍♂️
Thanks again.

Attachments

• PXL_20210927_214945739.jpg
    PXL_20210927_214945739.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 17
From our photos, I don't see where you have exposed the holes that the retaining clips lock into for the throttle side.

Loosen the front brake lever where it attaches to the bars. Slide it towards the centre. Remove the kill switch housing to expose the screws on the throttle body. Remove the throttle body housing enough to get the locating pins in the housing out of the bars. Slide the throttle tube in towards the middle to expose the the retaining clips holes. Depress the clips while rotating and pulling the external bar weight and they will come out. Some windex down the hole will help with lube. If you don't want to reuse the weights and just want to get them out u can pull until the clip breaks. I broke my first clip but have been reusing the weights each year when I swap out my winter handguards.
Thank you for the response. I went at this with the vice grip rubber mallet before I read this. Appreciate your detailed explanation!! I'm sure someone else will find this most useful in the future!

Thank you for the response. I went at this with the vice grip rubber mallet before I read this. Appreciate your detailed explanation!! I'm sure someone else will find this most useful in the future!
No worries, your just a bit in advance of my Winter change over. Usually gets done in November. From talking with the dealer they usually just don't remove them. The cost of the part relative to the labour charge is almost a wash.

Back