• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What kind of motorcycle do you have?

These jokes are aging really well considering the number of 2021 NC750 DCT owners complaining about their bikes stalling on them when trying to take off from stop lights....
I must have missed that. Though, once I saw the form of the 21 (too small for my liking), I did not pay close attention. Do they know what's causing the failure?

You didn’t miss much. Three, maybe four complaints and one of those really wanted a BMW GS,
And how many people have you seen admit to having a 2021 DCT? 10? In which case 3 or 4 is kind of significant. I have yet to see someone comment to those complaints saying they have the same bike and don't have the same issue.

Last edited:
And how many people have you seen admit to having a 2021 DCT? 10? In which case 3 or 4 is kind of significant. I have yet to see someone comment to those complaints saying they have the same bike and don't have the same issue.

I have a 2021 750x DCT, about to turn over 7,000 miles. No stalling issue so far.

You didn’t miss much. Three, maybe four complaints and one of those really wanted a BMW GS,
Not a big deal at all unless you are one of the three or four. Then, I’d guess the stalling is a really big issue.

Not that I am aware. My guess is it is an issue between the new ride by wire and the DCT.
Interesting. My VFR (RBW) was the exact opposite of stalling, that thing just moves! The RBW and DCT connection I guess could be a possibility at the ECM, but the DCT is always in gear unless the rider chooses otherwise, error, etc. I googled the issue and though it is reported (easy to find references for the Africa Twin but not many posts), I do think it is anecdotal considering the number of DCT bikes and SXS Honda sells with DCT. In any event, regardless of how we view the breadth and depth of the issue, I enjoy the problem-solving side of this sport so it's interesting to me.

I assume based on my experience that most of the people who ask me what kind of bike I ride would not understand what I meant if I said “universal Japanese motorcycle). I don’t feel high confidence that they’d know what is meant by “adventure bike,” either.

So, I usually say I have a Honda, and if I elaborate I tell them it’s a super-thrifty, versatile motorcycle.

"What kind of motorcycle do you have?"

I say "Which one?"

They say, "Why do you have more than one motorcycle?"

I say "Do you have more than one pair of shoes, one purse, or one wrench or kitchen knife? Because one of these can do everything but different ones do different jobs better."

Both my parents have HDs, whenever I ride with them, I have to look at my tach to make sure my engine is still running :p
Hopefully you are not forced to ride behind those other two bikes. When I have ridden with an HD or two, I always get to lead the ride.

Hopefully you are not forced to ride behind those other two bikes. When I have ridden with an HD or two, I always get to lead the ride.
I usually take up the tail. Mostly so that I don't whizz by the fuel stops they need twice as often, and to let them set the (slow) corner speeds.

Often the only categories people know are “Harleys“ and “crotch rockets.” Saying “Honda“ is a great idea.

Back