• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What to do first???

Welcome Vinny, and congrats on a great purchase!

Center Stand, seat mod, throttle cramp buster, throttle lock, skid plate, DanMoto exhaust, LED driving lights(still not installed), taller rear tire, 17T primary sprocket, Shad custom seats, Denali Sound Bomb replacement horn, Factory Honda/Givi luggage and racks, Madstad windscreen, Nelson-Riggs Tank bag, 39T rear sprocket, Ram handle bar mount. Now replacing my new Shad seat with a Corbin to see if that fits my Bum better! Might score one of Honda Pro's rear seat replacement racks next as well but i haven't completely decided yet! Regardless, enjoy the RIDE!! :{P

I got mine about 3 weeks ago and just added givi crash bars, Oxford Heaterz heated grips and denali 2.0 led lights.

OEM handguards, mainly because I knew they would work with the DCT, since it doesn't have a normal mirror mount on the left side that you need for the some of the other manufacturer's mounting brackets. So far, so good.

I also added freeway pegs today, a must for my knees.

Not sure yet about the seat, but it looks like a taller windscreen will be needed and a center stand.

MadStad windshield for touring is the most appreciated upgrade so far on both my NC750x and wife's NC700x

Luggage racks/boxes get used more than I figured they would around town. Bought them for touring. Use them frequently. She has Givi V35 side cases and doesn't use them around town. I have Hepco & Becker side and top cases, seems like there are always groceries and other things getting hauled home from somewhere in my cases. Also, my Arai full face helmet does not fit in the FRUNK so it gets stowed in the rear top case.

Ad-More LED Light Kit added to wife's Givi V35 side cases. I want her NC700x to be seen => AdMore LED Kit For Givi V35 PLX Sidecases - RevZilla

Custom Dynamics LED license plate Stop/Turn frame for my NC750x. I want to be seen => Custom Dynamics LED All-In-One Flat License Plate Frame - RevZilla

On order are LED Denali DLR lights. These or similar will eventually end up on both bikes. I want to be seen: DENALI DRL Daytime Running Lights with Universal Offset Mounting Kit | Amber or White | TwistedThrottle.com

I complain about the seat on mine regularly. Not sure what to do about it. Tried compression shorts, didn't work. Looking at Moto-Skiveez, considering Seat Concepts seat cover and Shad or Corbin seats.

Thank you for the great reply with the useful links! Sure cuts down the research time when viewing products.

When I got my 2016, I rode for a couple of weeks before deciding what to change based on budget and need.

Grips - I put bigger grips on because the standard ones felt like twigs when wearing leather gloves. $80
Seat - Even the tin man would complain about that torture device that Honda called a seat. $300
Top box - I upgraded my helmet and it wouldn't fit in the frunk anymore, so I installed a top box. $150
Windshield - My first time on the highway I almost got taken down from crosswinds both natural and from a semi. $350
Tank bag - Needed more storage when I went on an interstate drive. $60
Fuel bottle - In case I ran out of fuel while on the interstate drive. $30
Bark busters - Dropped the bike and broke the throttle. $150

I did other little mods that didn't cost money, like lowering the brake petal because I'm tall.
I don't do much long distance riding so I did't need saddlebags.
I store the bike when it gets cold, so I didn't need heated grips and seat.
I rarely ride at night so I didn't need extra lights.
In the end its all a matter of taste and budget.

My bike had the centre stand on it when I bought the bike, and I can't imagine doing anything on the bike without it. I think that's something vital.

A new seat is a bit costly, so the airhawk cushion has been fantastic.

Well so far I have ordered and suppose to receive the center stand on Tuesday! 18" MadStad windshield ordered but no shipping notification as of yet. Being the holidays, probably won't get any notification until next week on that item. The reason I pulled the trigger on the windshield early on is simply because it's getting colder and the larger shield could make it a little more comfortable to take a ride...

Hand guards and possibly some heated grips may be nearing the top of list as those two items can extend the riding season somewhat.

Crash/light bars will probably wait for a bit as I most likely won't be taking any "adventure" rides until spring. Also will probably wait on the rest of the electrical mods until most of the decisions on electrical items are somewhat final and in hand. Doing most of them at one time sure can help keep the wiring clean and neat.

The one question I still have.... Of all you that are equipped with aluminium side cases/top trunk, what brand and what are your thoughts post installation and after owning them for a while?

The one question I still have.... Of all you that are equipped with aluminium side cases/top trunk, what brand and what are your thoughts post installation and after owning them for a while?

I looked hard at Aluminum cases. I bought plastic. Partly because I got a deal. Partly because I believe they are both more durable and practical for travel.

For my needs, and yours may be very different, I chose Hepco & Becker GOBI cases. Seite nicht gefunden

The GOBI cases are double wall, built like an Igloo cooler but without the insulating foam. The plastic is very impact resistant and can take a hit without damage. Seriously you could throw one into a concrete wall and it wouldn't have a mark on it. My wife has GIVI plastic cases and they don't seem to have nearly the 'industrial strength' feel to them. After looking at aluminum cases and comparing them to the double wall plastic H&B Gobi cases I thought it was an easy choice to pick the Gobi for my needs. Looks very similar to an aluminum case (I have the silver color version) and from 10' away you'd not know they were plastic. I was worried that if the bike went down on a trip and I had an aluminum case it would be damaged and perhaps no longer be water proof.

Being seen is important from the front and rear. Extra lights are good but they have to attract attention also. I was thinking about the Wheelin flashing red strobe to replace the rear reflector... had one on the ST and loved it! Still reviewing possibilities for front lights...

You are almost the same height/weight as I am... so the handlebar height comment is interesting. Haven't had enough time in the saddle to discover if its a problem yet.
Vinny, I had a Whelen Lin3 on the ST but on the NCs I added a strobe made by Strobes N more, the F3, or the Feniex T3 surface mount. Both fit exactly where the rear reflector is on the 2012-2015s.

Body Mount LED Lights by Whelen, Feniex, SoundOff Signal and More - StrobesNMore.com

I have a Givi Trekker Outback 58 Lt GIVI-OBKN58B Luggage | MotoStorm I figured I wanted storage so I would get more. Picked a larger case as I could always carry less. Wanted a top case to maintain the aerodynamics of the bike and a back rest for my spouse. Picked aluminium as I thought it was the most durable with the possibility of repair if damaged.

At the time I don't think the 58L Kappa black was available. It is now and a couple bucks cheaper.

I have a Givi Trekker Outback 58 Lt GIVI-OBKN58B Luggage | MotoStorm I figured I wanted storage so I would get more. Picked a larger case as I could always carry less. Wanted a top case to maintain the aerodynamics of the bike and a back rest for my spouse. Picked aluminium as I thought it was the most durable with the possibility of repair if damaged.

At the time I don't think the 58L Kappa black was available. It is now and a couple bucks cheaper.

Just curious, Do you have a picture of the luggage mounted on the bike? 58 Lt seems a little big... the right case formed around the exhaust?

Just curious, Do you have a picture of the luggage mounted on the bike? 58 Lt seems a little big... the right case formed around the exhaust?

IMG_20181122_201042.jpgIMG_20181122_201012.jpg Just happens to be chain lube day. It is a top case so it does not interfere with the exhaust. With the Black Friday deals the case just got 12% cheaper than when I first posted it.

Well we are making progress.... center stand arrived today and it's already installed. Got notification the Windshield will be here tomorrow.... so it too will be installed soon. I took a few minutes the other day and installed a hookup for my Gerbings heated gear. Was going to wait on that but some friends are pestering me to get out and ride with them some. We'll see what happens now. The luggage has me in a bit of a quandary... Don't want them too small and don't want them too big... won't need it very much, but when I do, I'll need it to hold camping gear, riding gear, clothes and the normal things folks need for a few days out on the road. That being said, I tend to pack too much and haven't camped enough to learn what to do without. No worries as I have most of the winter season to figure that one out.

Installed the new 18" MadStad windscreen today... wow what a difference! Think I am getting the NC to the point it's a pleasure to ride.

Ordered Givi hand guards... so slowly we're getting the bike ready.

When I took it out for a test ride, it wasn't necessary to turn the heated gloves on... was wearing my summer mesh jacket with a rain liner, heated gerbing jacket liner. It was 51* out and didn't really have to turn the heated liner on, but did just to check to see if it worked. There was no obvious stressing of the charging system... so I guess we're good to go.

I would look at minimum 36 liter side cases and a 42-52 liter top box for versatility in traveling and camping. I toured the first trips on the 2012 NC with a 46 liter top box and a large roll-top dry bag. Only later did I add a pair of 36 liter panniers (side cases). If Givi, I suggest MonoKey and not MonoLock items.

SW Motech Alu Rack with a Givi adapter plate make up the luggage rack, with SW Motech quick detach luggage racks for the side cases. I had a Givi top box mount on 1111FZ Mono Rack Arms and PL1111 luggage racks on the first NC. All SW Mo Tech stuff on the second one.

Here is a forum search with lots of ideas: https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2350196&pp=&page=4

Lots of pics: https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/n...onda-nc700x-saddlebags.html?highlight=luggage

Now that the MadStad windscreen is installed and the little deflectors just below and behind the windscreen, it's now apparent that the little deflectors are probably going to conflict with the hand guards. There seems to be only two solutions to this future installation of the hand guards... 1) eliminate the deflectors, or... 2) raise the handlebars.

If you have been down this path before, what was your solution or work around?

Last edited:
Back