• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What was your FIRST motorcycle

Mine was an early 70’s Yamaha 80cc enduro.
My Dad started riding enduro comps when he was in his 50’s and did quite well in senior class. He bought it for me so I could ride with him. I was 8. Almost ran him over in the first hour. Great memories!

Last edited:
In 1977 I bought a 1971 CL350 after breaking my hand riding a friend's Yamaha enduro. The guy who sold it to me dumped it the day before delivery, dented the tank, and knocked the timing chain off kilter. The bike was a lot of fun but never reliable. The engine froze up at 55 mph on my way to school a couple years later. I sold it for almost nothing in 1982 and always wanted to ride again. Picked up a 2012 NC700 on my 58th birthday in 2017 and have loved it ever since. Now, I'm waiting to get it out of storage after dumping it last October and breaking my ankle. Can't wait. I guess I should have just said:
1971 CL350.

In 1977 I bought a 1971 CL350 after breaking my hand riding a friend's Yamaha enduro. The guy who sold it to me dumped it the day before delivery, dented the tank, and knocked the timing chain off kilter. The bike was a lot of fun but never reliable. The engine froze up at 55 mph on my way to school a couple years later. I sold it for almost nothing in 1982 and always wanted to ride again. Picked up a 2012 NC700 on my 58th birthday in 2017 and have loved it ever since. Now, I'm waiting to get it out of storage after dumping it last October and breaking my ankle. Can't wait. I guess I should have just said:
1971 CL350.
My 175 didn’t make past 10 months a car pulled out in front of me I hit it flew over top did a double flip and landed on me feet from a great height no injuries but my bike was a right off , got a Honda 500T road all over Europe by the time I got home 2years later 42000 mile she was on a sorry state , got £400 for it and bought a Yamaha XS750E

1971 CL350.
Nope, I liked the story!

My 175 didn’t make past 10 months a car pulled out in front of me I hit it flew over top did a double flip and landed on me feet from a great height no injuries but my bike was a right off , got a Honda 500T road all over Europe by the time I got home 2years later 42000 mile she was on a sorry state , got £400 for it and bought a Yamaha XS750E
I am really enjoying these stories!
The Kawasaki KE175 was my 1st. I rode it pretty hard. Traded her + $400 for a 71’ Tbird.
Had the bug though & bought a Yamaha DT400 that I rode through my early 20’s. I honestly don’t remember selling it, but didn’t ride again until I bought the 2015 NC700X as a 60th Bday present from my wife.
I am loving it!

The first bike I rode actually belonged to my Dad, that was a '68 Honda Trail 50 like this (although not in that nice of shape)
1680377869924.png
I had to lean it against a stump or shed to start it, because my feet wouldn't reach the ground.
the first bike I owned was quite a step up in ride comfort:
1680377980410.png
That little Z50R got a LOT of miles on it. I remember we filled the gas tank up about every other month, whether it needed it or not. :)
I remember oiling the chain, and checking the oil, but I don't think we ever did anything else. I've gotten better over the years at maintenance.

The first bike I rode actually belonged to my Dad, that was a '68 Honda Trail 50 like this (although not in that nice of shape)
View attachment 51623
I had to lean it against a stump or shed to start it, because my feet wouldn't reach the ground.
the first bike I owned was quite a step up in ride comfort:
View attachment 51624
That little Z50R got a LOT of miles on it. I remember we filled the gas tank up about every other month, whether it needed it or not. :)
I remember oiling the chain, and checking the oil, but I don't think we ever did anything else. I've gotten better over the years at maintenance.
There was a man in my neighborhood who was about 6’2” 300 lbs that had a Trail 70. It was like watching a bear ride a motorcycle in the circus!
;) :p:p:p

Well boys and girls,
My first bike was a brand new, 1970 Norton 750 Commando! I purchased it from a small m/c shop in down town San Diego. I don't know if any of you remember the TV show "Then came Bronson" but, I patterned my scenario after Michael Parks' character. Since CA did not require helmets waaaaay back then, I just rode in a beenie. I had the shop install 6" longer forks and some what was called "Butterfly" handle bars. I was STYLIN' !!!!!!! I loved that Norton.
Scott

2015 Honda CB500X, bought used with ~1200 miles in summer 2016. I started riding when I was 46. I put nearly 40,000 miles on that bike commuting 80 miles to work every day. I got my NC about a year ago.
That’s awesome! It’s never too late to start riding….

I took my license on a 1963 Harley Sprint 250 a neighbor let me borrow. Past the test and bought the bike from him. It’s the one that I wish I never let it go!

Back