• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Whatever happened to Beemerphile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit I did not like the guy,,,always putting people down.thou I never ttroll ed him ( can,t be bothered doing stuff like that ) I certainly do not miss him..

I for one don't miss him.
if he want to bugger off because he can't stand the heat in the kitchen then that is his problem.
hell we're suppose to MEN not some wimp who can't accept some folks who disagree with him.
I don't agree with every thing he said,some times his thoughts are over engineered..
I've had some unsavory comments towards me but to be honest I just don't give a sh**.
the internet world is full off them keyboard warriors and that is some thing we cannot change.
so let forget who is missing who,life goes on with or with out you,me and its frigging to short.
so stop dwelling and move on.

I was reading countless previous posts on this forum before joining and one member whom I believe was banned (I forget the name) had all his posts deleted (which had some VERY helpful information) simply because he did not agree with Beemerphile being a "jerk" at times and wished everyone would be respectful. That was all he said and he was erased from memory. No personal attack towards him at all, just one brief opinion. Ridiculous and shame on moderators who act like that. Sorry, but some of you need to thicken your skin. Just because some people may live on here 24/7 and are logged in every 2 hours doesn't mean they are the experts. I give everyone a chance and appreciate differences of opinion because it makes communities stronger. How boring would things be if we were all the same? Feel free to disagree, I actually won't hold it against you.

Todd L, johnakay,
you must have missed all the nasty messages that the ASSHOLE, who created many IDs here, was firing every minute for days from different machines dissing Lee. So childish and stupid, as if he would change anyone's mind about Lee... What an idiot!
Some people here just can not stand when someone knows more than them and turn nasty (Napoleon's syndrome).
Such people chose to interpret Lee's comments as an insult.. When in fact, the guy just went deeper into the subject. He just offered his subject expertise for all to learn. If someone did not want to read it - they didn't have to...
I did and enjoyed it. I don't remember a single post of Lee', that could be interpreted as nasty or disrespectful... If you can prove me wrong - bring it here or PM me.

So, me personally, and many of us here actually really DO miss him and his knowledge!

I was reading countless previous posts on this forum before joining and one member whom I believe was banned (I forget the name) had all his posts deleted (which had some VERY helpful information) simply because he did not agree with Beemerphile being a "jerk" at times and wished everyone would be respectful. That was all he said and he was erased from memory. No personal attack towards him at all, just one brief opinion. Ridiculous and shame on moderators who act like that. Sorry, but some of you need to thicken your skin. Just because some people may live on here 24/7 and are logged in every 2 hours doesn't mean they are the experts. I give everyone a chance and appreciate differences of opinion because it makes communities stronger. How boring would things be if we were all the same? Feel free to disagree, I actually won't hold it against you.

If you can't state the name of the member who was banned and or had all their posts deleted, please don't put "shame on moderators that act like that". You probably don't know the whole story. There have been members that decided on their own to leave in a huff and actually requested that all their posts be removed.

The moderator will never please everyone. I just do the best I can to maintain some civility and order.

Last edited:
well if you all miss him then it doesn't say much for the rest of us does it?
I don't know the full story nor do I care.
if you guys miss him so much then why don't you join the adv forum and have the best of both worlds.
if I left on my own accord I'm sure I'll be missed like a hole in the head.
anyway nobody is blaming the administrators I'm certainly not for what has happened in the past.
as for Lee I've got nothing against him and I have no reason to. but I still don't miss him ,in fact I wouldn't miss any body:p

well if you all miss him then it doesn't say much for the rest of us does it?
I don't know the full story nor do I care.
if you guys miss him so much then why don't you join the adv forum and have the best of both worlds.
if I left on my own accord I'm sure I'll be missed like a hole in the head.
anyway nobody is blaming the administrators I'm certainly not for what has happened in the past.
as for Lee I've got nothing against him and I have no reason to. but I still don't miss him ,in fact I wouldn't miss any body:p

xkcd: Laser Scope

laser_scope.jpg

Missing Lee's expertise is not a comment on those who remain. He knew a lot and was good at teaching.
I proudly miss that.

"To know and love one other human being is the root of all wisdom."
- Evelyn Waugh, Brideshead Revistted

well am new here.... looks like i miss a bunch of crap.

Welcome to internet communities.

Basic process hours like this, some one gets pissy at some one else, then it escalates, eventually it cross the point where community "no name calling" or "no personal attack" rules start getting enforced, people get banned other people get upset... then either the community divides, or some number of people exit the community. Years pass trolls show up, trolls are disposed of before they hurt people's feelings, people get complacent some one comes back from the old days, every one is nostalgic.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

This particular needs happened right around the time I joined so I don't have much to say on the topic.

In general I've found these forums to be one of the nicer places on the internet, but where ever you go, if there are people there will be drama, especially if they proclaim that they "hate drama."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

In general I've found these forums to be one of the nicer places on the internet, but where ever you go, if there are people there will be drama, especially if they proclaim that they "hate drama."

+1.....and based on your "laser scope" post earlier, I can see you are drawn more to comedy than drama. +1 to that as well. :cool:

This thread would be better off put to rest. Its to bad things turned out the way they did but it is in the past. If he were to come back that would be great but it is ultimately up to him and there is nothing we can do about it. JMHO

as am new to this forum, am not new to the internet, i dont know what went on... but....

as we put this to rest and in the past. lets all learn from this: everyone is entitled to their opinion and view, and when you read something that you do not agree, let it go and move on, no need to attack or offend anyone. some people have short tempers ( they suck ), but they might still hold a lot of info in their brain that you might need. sad to see people go. member info is what keeps a forum alive.

dont burn a bridge that might need to cross some day.

I try to keep in mind two things.

First, it is very difficult to know a persons intent because this format limits the ability to convey tone. What I interpret as mean spirited may have been intended as a joke. In any case, if I give the reader the benefit of doubt it may prevent me from over reacting.

Second, everyone has bad days. My health issues cause me to be very irritable sometimes. I try to keep it out of my posts but I am not always successful at that. In fact I decide not to post quite often for this reason. If I ever piss someone off I hope they call me on it and give me the opportunity to apologize.

This forum does have a really great atmosphere and I, for one, appreciate it.

I'm also one of those that didn't experience the past tensions and glad of it. I've been on the forum since the beginning of the year and have found it a good atmosphere. My previous bike was an FZ1 and the FZ1 forum is an amazing bunch of guys. Very helpful and respectful. I hope to have that experience with this forum. So far so good!

Also it's not said enough but thanks moderators for doing a great job of keeping the NC forum a great place to visit. ;)

I think this topic has run it's course (again) and it is time to respectfully put it to rest, and move on. Thanks to everyone for their opinions and input; good, bad, indifferent, but overall I think you as a whole here at the NC Forum, are a pretty great group. Luv ya, Lee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back