• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What's in your Frunk?

NW Comet

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I added luggage today to the NC. So I started to rethink what best to keep in the Frunk since I can now store my helmet in the topbox. At the moment in my Frunk I have my registration, insurance card, $20, Rok straps, tool roll, compressor and a flat repair kit. I have ordered a pair of tool tubes to mount on the pannier racks to use either for the tool roll and/or 30 oz gas can.

What do you keep on a regular basis in your Frunk?
Frunk.jpg

Great job on the luggage NW. Man that bike looks sharp! I'll have to grab a pic tomorrow. I have a large tool kit, 1L of water, can of chain oil/spray, large cable/pad lock, 1pr gloves, 1 yard sale fleece sweatshirt, my reg/ins and my "Long Range Customs" ball cap to cover my hat head when i'm off the bike! :{)

a very cool "Long Range Customs" hat, a new Magpul waterproof zippered case(father's day gift, thanks Son!)
Frunk contents.jpg

thin fleece Balaclava, MSR tool pouch, light gloves, heavy gloves and that really cheap yard sale sweatshirt!
Frunk contents2.jpg

Last edited:
...compressor ...

Just curious... how do you plan to power your compressor? I carry one with me too and recently found out the the honda accessory outlet's fuse can't handle a compressor (not sure if this is true or not). So specifically for this (and as an always-on outlet option) I ended up buying one of these and have it directly attached to the battery and fed into the bottom of my frunk

NOCO GC018 12-volt Plug Socket with Eyelet Terminals, Lighting & Electrical - Amazon Canada

Just a pigtail for the trickle charger and another for heated gear. I keep it clear otherwise for my helmet.

Just curious... how do you plan to power your compressor? I carry one with me too and recently found out the the honda accessory outlet's fuse can't handle a compressor (not sure if this is true or not). So specifically for this (and as an always-on outlet option) I ended up buying one of these and have it directly attached to the battery and fed into the bottom of my frunk

NOCO GC018 12-volt Plug Socket with Eyelet Terminals, Lighting & Electrical - Amazon Canada

The battery tender harness the dealer gave me came with a 7.5 amp fuse. We tested the compressor on it and it was drawing 7 amps right off, so we figured it would draw a lot more the longer and harder it worked to fill the tire. The slime manual says it needs at least 15 amps. So I replaced the harness by building my own heavy duty harness with parts bought off amazon and 12 gauge wire. Its identical in size and has a 30 amp fuse and is wired directly to the battery. I have an inch or two of the end sticking out the bottom of the plastic on the side of the bike and tuck it up underneath when not in use.

Amazon.com: WirthCo 31820 Battery Doctor In-Line ATO/ATC Fuse Holder with Cover: Automotive
Amazon.com: West Florida Components 2 Pin Quick Disconnect Wire Harness SAE Connector Bullet Lead Cable (12 AWG): Automotive

I added luggage today to the NC. So I started to rethink what best to keep in the Frunk since I can now store my helmet in the topbox. At the moment in my Frunk I have my registration, insurance card, $20, Rok straps, tool roll, compressor and a flat repair kit. I have ordered a pair of tool tubes to mount on the pannier racks to use either for the tool roll and/or 30 oz gas can.

What do you keep on a regular basis in your Frunk?
View attachment 36573

Funny you should ask! I just used that exact repair kit the other day and saved my new Michelin PR5 which only has 3000 miles on it! Used my trickle charger pigtail for the pump. Worked like a charm and it inflates pretty quickly. 4BCC5A4F-9723-4B21-8380-77BC09EF8497.jpg E4A3A648-98B9-4926-A0BE-913C923C7587.jpg A706EE73-2D56-444F-AE66-FFBD127C5F46.jpg The frunk makes it easy to be prepared :cool:

I keep my insurance and registration in the little trap door and a plastic kickstand foot in the event I have to park on a soft surface. Otherwise, I use it for my helmet. I like the side cases and top case for all my other storage.

I keep my satchel (or man purse if you prefer) in there. That bag has a first aid kit, edc pouch, wallet, keys, sun glasses, etc. I have a top box to keep my helmet (helmet doesn't fit in the frunk anyway) and work gear in.

The only thing in my frunk full-time is an adjustable bungee cord to strap stuff to my rear seat. Most shopping trips don't need it, but every once in a while I pick up something unexpected somewhere. Also good for jacket if weather changes.

I keep a small tool kit and flat repair kit in there along with registration, insurance and a $20 bill.
My helmet does not fit in the frunk, so I also carry one of those cable gun locks to lock my helmet to the rear hand rails. Perfect size and easy to use.

JT

Air pressure gauge, sunglasses, raingear, air compressor/plug kit, emergency jumpstart battery, gloves, cell phone charging cable, insurance and registration and small tool kit.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have a cup holder (for coffee and drinks) and it's also a holder of wallet, change, etc..., like a mini organizer, then also have a power bank where the tool kit used to be, also have some napkins and the insurance and registration in the hidden compartment - power bank also has a multi cable set.

A couple pairs of gloves for change of weather, tire plugs, air pump (power outlet installed), bungee cords/net, flash light.

Back