• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What's on your motorcycle

I added a Givi Monolock E370 Tech. It's about as big as I felt I could go with the 22 pound limit on my bike's factory carrier.
Not crazy about the Monolock, as it needs the key in it to close it, but at least it's lightweight.
It holds a 12 pack of Stone IPA and rib eye, so I no longer need the car to pick up some beer!
Shared album - Andy C - Google Photos

2014 NC700X used mainly as a mule to take me camping to fishing holes and mountain trails of which I do alot of trail running.

Necessary farkles:

Madstad gen 2 wind screen
Barkbuster hand guards
Oxford heated grips and ambient temp gauge
Extenda fenda
SW Motech engine guards
LED driving lights with Skeen controller
throttle lock (for poor boys cruise control)
Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires
Givi V35 Monokey side cases
Givi V47 top box
Yoshimura carbon exhaust can
Puig rear tire hugger
Honda center stand
Flea-bay rad guard

The last pic is in front of my house...(haha)

WP_20170430_11_50_35_Pro.jpg

WP_20160510_004.jpg

WP_20160515_004.jpg

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1502495145844.jpg

Let's see if I can remember it all
Barkbusters
Oxford heated grips
Center stand
Sargent seat
Yoshi Stainless Exhaust
Outback Trekkers 37 lt
Shinko 705s
Denali D4 lights
SW Motech Crash bars and Engine guard
Garmin GPS

I'm sure I'm forgetting something

I bought my 2012 NC700X about 6 months ago with 9600 miles on it. After some routine maintenance, I have installed GIVI TN1111 engine guards (installed longer mounting bolts), Pyramid fender extender (glued on with Gorilla 2 part epoxy), and installed after market center stand. The center stand is OK, but I wish I had purchased the genuine Honda item instead. The aftermarket one works fine, but not the quality of the OEM item. I am planing on istalling some 2 inch round LED spot lights on the bike which I hope to mount to the GIVI engine guard. I use my bike purely for pleasure riding (rides under 50 miles usually). I tried uploading a couple of images but had no luck. Sorry....

Last edited:
1541626_2.jpg

Bark Busters Storm
SW Motech Skid Plate
Hepco and Becker Crash Bars
AltRider Radiator Guard
Givi Halogen Lamps
Zero Gravity Windscreen
Honda Center Stand
Givi Dolomiti Paniers and Top Case
SW Motech footpeg
Honda 12V socket
Garmin GPS and Mount
GoPro
Ebay seat cushion

Not pictured:
TKC80 front and rear
Honda OEM tall windscreen
MRA-X touring windscreen extension

Well I have put a bunch of stuff on the bike much like everyone else here. Let me post the stuff that I either regret, or it was negligible and I probably wouldn't do it again.

Regrets:
I wish I had gotten the larger Givi V35 bags instead of the slightly smaller Kappa 33L bags. I was trying to keep the bike narrow, but the small difference between the V35 vs the K33n's is so small I should have just went with the slightly bigger bags. No show stopper, but hey if I were doing it over the V35's would be what I would get. More saddlebag space is always welcomed.

Negligible:
Aftermarket exhaust. I went with the Delkevic aftermarket exhaust as I didn't care for the look of the stock exhaust. The Delkevic exhaust itself is fine, looks nice, seems well built etc. Also was wanting a little more growl to the exhaust without it being louder. Well the exhaust sorta does that. I leave the baffle in it to keep the noise down because frankly I like the bike quiet. Electric quiet would suit me just fine! LOL So the change of the exhaust while it does change the appearance if I had to do that one over I would probably would not buy the aftermarket exhaust as the bang for the buck ratio just is "meh". Not a regret per se, but given what I prefer at the moment I probably wouldn't buy it again.

Cheap eBay hand guards. These things were like $15 and they don't look horrible so I was OK with buying them with the idea of protecting my hands from some of the weather and possibly later adding the heated grips. Well I also purchased a Madstad windshield which I tend to prefer in an up and angled back orientation which causes my hand guards to hit the shield if you want to turn hard to the left near full lock. So I would love to find a different set of hand guards that won't hit the windshield. I don't know if this is going to mean replacing the Madstad windshield with something that has the cutouts so that I can turn full lock of if I can find hand guards that will clear my windshield. So this one is a mixed bag. I probably would hold out and not buy these cheap hand guards and look to see if I can get some barkbusters or equivalent that will clear the windshield when back at an angle and height I like.

If I end up having to replace the Madstad shield to get that clearance then I will be marking that one down as a regret. Jury is still out if that will be the case. The addition of risers helped give me a more room for turning, but still not enough. So for the time being I am not able to angle the windshield back as much as I would like or to raise it quite as much as I would like in order to not have the interference with the hand guards.

Most of the other things I bought have either been keepers or stuff that is still sitting in my project box to get done so I can't comment on those things yet. In the positives column having the seat rebuilt by Russel, lowering pegs, risers and an adjustable windshield are at the top of my list of must haves for this bike and my own comfort. I am a taller guy with a long inseam so these are high on my farkle list for every bike I buy as I am always looking for leg room.

I don’t know if this works for your ergonomics on this bike, but installing bar risers and moving the bars rearward would free up room between the hand guards and the windshield.

Pyramid Plastics Fender Extender, huge screen from some French company, Honda Heated Grips, Grip Puppies, Handlebar Ram Mount with waterproof Iphone Case, LED Fogs, Engine bars from some Polish company, Honda Centre Stand, 12v / USB / voltmeter in Frunk, Nautilus Airhorn, Highway Pegs, Fuzeblock in base of frunk, Cargo Net in Frunk Lid, Givi 35L panniers and Top Box, 2 x Tractor Documentation tubes (for fuel and tools), Sheepskin seat cover - oh and front and rear cameras

(Don't let my wife see this post!)

Attachments

• Img_2996.jpg
    Img_2996.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 369
  • Img_2998.jpg
    Img_2998.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 355
  • Img_3002.jpg
    Img_3002.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_3004.jpg
    IMG_3004.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_3006.jpg
    IMG_3006.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Madstad windshield (version 2)
Cogent suspension front and rear
Givi V35s and other Givi trinkets
Cobbled together topbox
Rider trying to hide the fact that he eats too many french fries.

0e479f2a6f179585a5de3705153fad86.jpg

Pyramid Plastics Fender Extender, huge screen from some French company, Honda Heated Grips, Grip Puppies, Handlebar Ram Mount with waterproof Iphone Case, LED Fogs, Engine bars from some Polish company, Honda Centre Stand, 12v / USB / voltmeter in Frunk, Nautilus Airhorn, Highway Pegs, Fuzeblock in base of frunk, Cargo Net in Frunk Lid, Givi 35L panniers and Top Box, 2 x Tractor Documentation tubes (for fuel and tools), Sheepskin seat cover - oh and front and rear cameras

(Don't let my wife see this post!)
Tiny Tim,
What skid plate do you have? From the pic (great shot) it looks close to dragging. That might not be a pleasant experience.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Tiny Tim,
What skid plate do you have? From the pic (great shot) it looks close to dragging. That might not be a pleasant experience.

Woops. Wrong photo. It's Armins bike with the SWMotech skid plate that looks close to dragging.

I don’t know if this works for your ergonomics on this bike, but installing bar risers and moving the bars rearward would free up room between the hand guards and the windshield.

Yep, I put risers on the bike, they are 2", and that helped a little, but still have interference. :(

Have you considered trimming the shield?

I thought about trimming it, but I know I would butcher the heck out of it so I will likely ditch the hand guards before I contemplate chopping on the windshield. So I have some "rethinking" to do on the windshield/hand guards formula for this bike at some point. At the moment it is just annoying is all.

Back