• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Whats the small key for

TrekkingTexan

Reaction score
Visit site
I have just bought a 2014 NC700x and don't know what the small key is for. I have 2 ignition keys and 1 small honda key. I can not figure out what the small key is for. The overall length is 1 3/4" and has the honda wings on it. If anyone knows what this key is for, please tell.

Could it be a key for the frunk and fuel fill?
Nope, both use the ignition key.
Since no one else seems to have 2 keys, I'm thinking it went to an accessory the previous owner had(maybe a wheel lock). It's just strange it has the honda wings on it making it probable its OEM.

That's for the Honda (45L) top case. From the factory the lock cylinder on the Honda top box uses that small key. I know this because I use Honda's luggage and have every Honda accessory that was available for these bikes (back in 2012, anyway). If your bike's Honda top case uses the ignition key, then the PO changed it or paid someone to change it.

If you find that your top case has not been changed (still uses the small key) and you want to change it to use the ignition key, search the forum. There's a very good thread on the topic from several years ago, but I don't have it bookmarked.

P.S.--
That small key does nothing else on the bike. If your Honda 45L top box doesn't use it any more, then the key no longer serves any function on your NCX.

P.S.--
That small key does nothing else on the bike. If your Honda 45L top box doesn't use it any more, then the key no longer serves any function on your NCX.
Right on. Appreciate the help. It's just a useless key now.
I'm new to the forum and am very thankful it exists.

Reactions: MZ5
Back