• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wheel Recommendations?

Lawyer4speed

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone!
Hope you are all well and getting some riding done! I am contemplating getting a second set of wheels to swap in (currently riding on Pirelli Scorpion Rally STRs which are good enough, but hoping to put something more solely road oriented on when I’m riding only on roads for longer distances). The OEM wheels are not bad, but are not cheap, and so I’m looking at other brand that would fit and are sturdy enough. I have no experience with motorcycle wheels (only cars through autocrossing, etc.), and so would welcome some advice. For example, is this worth it at all? Given that the rotors, etc. would have to be swapped in as well. Can I just buy any 17” wheel?
Thanks for any advice!
Laz

To the best of my knowledge, no, any 17“ wheel will not work. Even a CB500X 17 inch wheel, which is very similar to the NC's, I think takes a different axle size.

I have been searching for a second set of wheels for my NC, but purchase opportunities are rare and prices are very high. In addition, some of those up for sale are damaged. I do have two sets of wheels for my Goldwing, and it's really convenient, but they came to me at a much more reasonable price - around $300 for both wheels and the front brake disks and with semi serviceable tires mounted.

With the double sided swingarm and chain drive adjustment involved in rear wheel mounting on the NC, swapping the tires on the rim is no more trouble than removing and reinstalling the rear wheel. What I mean is having extra NC wheels wouldn't save me a great deal of time. So I kind of gave up on the extra wheel idea. Since I do all my own tire mounting anyway, I just swap tires back and forth in the rare case that it's needed.

Good luck with your wheel search.

Back