• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Where are all the NC700's (DCT) in So Cal?

On a separate note has anyone done their 12k and/or 16k mileage service what does that entail and cost? I’m purchasing a model with 13,200 miles next week but last service was at 10k.
Depends on if you have the tools already or not. The OEM air filter is around $40, a good filter around $5 (check CalSci oil filter cross reference) and a new crush washer is a buck or so.

Major maintenance intervals are typical lube jobs (cables, oil, filters) with the added bonus of a valve check. Inspecting the steering head, nuts and bolt tightness, and so forth is also called for. I think sparkplugs get replaced every 32k miles.

The NC shop manual, the Honda Common Service Manual, and this forum are basically all you'll need to get started... along with the proper tools

Mediocre isn’t the word I’d use to describe my skill set I’m like a toddler with a machete
Good thing you won't need a machete in the garage then. If you do, you have bigger concerns than your motor.

If you can follow recipes, you'll be able to accomplish just about anything under suspension and electronic repairs.

A great deal may have arrived but what do you guys think about the tweaked mileage comment?

Well, it’s up to you but the tweaked mileage thing would be a non issue for me. The condition of the bike and how it was cared for would be more important than the odometer reading.

Back