• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Where are all the NC700's (DCT) in So Cal?

Archetype

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Folks, looking to pick up my second bike. NC700-750 DCT ABS, but will take a CTX700N DCT as well. I'm hoping for something with lowish miles I've got $5k in cash, locals preferred. I'm noticing fewer Nc700's listed as of the last year, did these get discontinued, and how likely is it that I can get this bike at this price?

Last edited:
A few bikes in the Sale forum;

Reactions: MZ5
Mine is for sale, but I'm in southern Arkansas. It's the 2013 posted yesterday. I've never used a motorcycle shipper before, but I watch a youtube channel (SRKCycles) who ships bikes all over the country. That'd be an option to consider. I'd work with you on the price, too since you'd be paying for shipping, as well. Or just fly in and ride it home!!! :)

Mine is for sale, but I'm in southern Arkansas. It's the 2013 posted yesterday. I've never used a motorcycle shipper before, but I watch a youtube channel (SRKCycles) who ships bikes all over the country. That'd be an option to consider. I'd work with you on the price, too since you'd be paying for shipping, as well. Or just fly in and ride it home!!! :)
She's definitely in good condition, I'd consider it if I wasn't looking for one with DCT

Remember, if it's not a CA Emissions bike you need 7,501 miles on it to bring it in as used. I ran into that shopping for mine, finding new old stock out of state at great prices.
This is news to me!? Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at one in GA that’s got 1500 miles so what kind of fees are we talking about?

This is news to me!? Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at one in GA that’s got 1500 miles so what kind of fees are we talking about?
If it has only 1500 miles and is not Ca certified, you wont be able to register it in California...must have more than 7500 miles on it before you can register a non-certified (50 state compliant) vehicle in California.

It's not fees. The bike MUST have 7501 miles to be considered used if it doesn't have a 50 state emissions sticker. I believe only 50 states bikes have the evap system, but go by the sticker.

If you have a cool seller and the mileage is close enough, you can ask them to leave the mileage blank on the title and turn that odometer yourself. Hell...I do not encourage illegal tampering with an odometer but I have heard tell of tools called "dremels" that can be hooked to the speedo and run......not that I personally condone such activity.

But if you show up with a bike with less than 7501 to register it in CA they will blacklist the Vin number and you'll never ever get it in.

Edited To Add- There are workarounds like replacing a vehicle that gets totaled out of state. I do know one person who "unfortunately" parked an old car in a very rough area and left it there for a couple of weeks, resulting in a total loss that allowed him to get a brand new non-CARB bike into CA. However, that bike was a Duc he paid some 40k + for and it doesn't seem like a good tactic to save a bit on a NC700xd :)

Last edited:
It's not fees. The bike MUST have 7501 miles to be considered used if it doesn't have a 50 state emissions sticker. I believe only 50 states bikes have the evap system, but go by the sticker.

If you have a cool seller and the mileage is close enough, you can ask them to leave the mileage blank on the title and turn that odometer yourself. Hell...I do not encourage illegal tampering with an odometer but I have heard tell of tools called "dremels" that can be hooked to the speedo and run......not that I personally condone such activity.

But if you show up with a bike with less than 7501 to register it in CA they will blacklist the Vin number and you'll never ever get it in.

Edited To Add- There are workarounds like replacing a vehicle that gets totaled out of state. I do know one person who "unfortunately" parked an old car in a very rough area and left it there for a couple of weeks, resulting in a total loss that allowed him to get a brand new non-CARB bike into CA. However, that bike was a Duc he paid some 40k + for and it doesn't seem like a good tactic to save a bit on a NC700xd :)
or a vehicle stolen out of state.... if a vehicle is totaled or stolen out of state, the owner can then buy a used vehicle with less than 7500 miles and register it in California....it used to be 7500 miles or at least 5 years old, but looks like they removed that 5 years old criteria.

Just a note about the odometer on the NC. It uses an electronic sensor that reads the teeth passing by of the left most gear on the transmission input shaft. I can think of a way to fool it, should a person have evil intentions to do so, but somehow using a Dremel is not a realistic way.

The minim mileage requirement sounds like an EXCELLENT excuse to fly out of state and ride one home via the ultra-scenic route!

The minim mileage requirement sounds like an EXCELLENT excuse to fly out of state and ride one home via the ultra-scenic route!

I considered this, but unfortunately both dealers I talked to were unwilling to leave the odometer spot blank :( I live in SoCal and when I was shopping for one last summer there was a bike in North Carolina, a 2015 with 150 miles on it loaded with honda luggage and crash bars and center stand and so on - someone bought loaded from the dealer and turned it right back in. They were asking 4,500. On a DCT.

Can't blame a guy for following the rules, it's his licenses. But I almost cried :)

Yes, it's very difficult to find any new or used NC 700s and now 750s in CA. I was looking for a red 2018 for a YEAR and never saw one with DCT.
The 7500 miles rule really screws up my idea about going out of state for one. Are those all non-Calif compliant? My current bike was used and I don't want to go that route again.

I do see some 2018 red DCTs on Cycletrader that I'm interested in. I'm going to call them tomorrow and if they can get me a deal. I might have my 2016 DCT to sell. It's got a few cosmetic issues so I don't expect to get more than $4000 for it.

The NC is one of those bikes with low sales numbers that Honda seems to over produce. Have any dealers talked to their reps to check Honda warehouse stock for leftover units that could be ordered?

or a vehicle stolen out of state.... if a vehicle is totaled or stolen out of state, the owner can then buy a used vehicle with less than 7500 miles and register it in California....it used to be 7500 miles or at least 5 years old, but looks like they removed that 5 years old criteria.
On a separate note has anyone done their 12k and/or 16k mileage service what does that entail and cost? I’m purchasing a model with 13,200 miles next week but last service was at 10k.

Back