• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where did you ride your NC750x (or NC700x) today?

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't notice any ongoing threads for users to post about rides. Not talking about those EPIC long distance trips, but just a nice ride thread about daily rides so figured I'd start one. With any luck, it will carry on.

MONDAY's ride, started at 52(F) finished at 65(F) and lasted about 3 hours including our lunch break. 70 miles round trip on rural roadways. Great fun riding with my wife. She on her black/silver '16 NC700x and me on my red/silver '18 NC750x. Winding through some small rural towns, exclusively on 2 lane roads, some straight and boring, some nice and curvy. Even a boring stop at the grocery store, just so my wife could run into their bathroom to slip on a pair of insulated tights under her blue jeans ... and yes, she was jealous that I had on my new Rev'it Tornado 2 pants and I was very comfortable :D

So 35 miles one way, to go to Fair Oaks Farms so we could get a grilled cheese sandwich at their dairy/cafe. Its sort of the dairy cow equivalent of Disney World but less exciting and cheaper. LINK => Modern farming, farm fresh goods, and family fun | Fair Oaks Farms

And speed limits on curvy roads are just suggestions, right?
fs8LgcSlTFOJOR0F%FUJfQ.jpg01B55381-C4E2-4185-94ED-D34F2EAE583B.jpgqD0DZblwRAewPOdlAKdQcg.jpgYXmYbYI+RNecGaatQ0Om5Q.jpg

TUESDAY's ride was a solo journey across the border into rural Illinois and along the Kankakee river. Rode into/through/about the little towns of Beecher, Grant Park and Momence in addition to running along the river itself to the city of Kankakee, il. Loved the ride, will repeat this one with my wife. The fall leaves are mutlicolored reds/yellows/browns and even a few green hues remain. The winding road along the shoreline found me riding slow and being amazed by the beauty. I've been NEAR that road many times, but in a car there was no desire to explore. With the bikes we find that we meander down roads for the sheer joy of riding. The whole ride reminded me of why I love America's heartland, friendly people, beautiful sights and simple pleasures. L
QdOpVWzCSRCvCrjJ3q9KTQ.jpgkulA7Uu7SDuEcvgTys5tvg.jpgagsght+wQlWAYilOWf%Q8Q.jpgAjXkG6EKRoGva4Qz4fu0DQ.jpgtOvO64FXTD2gdmQuMMjK7w.jpg

So where did you ride?

This is why i have 60 miles of superslab roundtrip as a commute to work (no neighbors for 1.5 miles to the east, 2 miles to the north, 2 miles to the south, half mile to the west, and nothing but trees in between):
house.jpg

Looking north towards the state forestry (which is directly to the north, east, and south of my property). I have 10 acres, surrounded by 25,000+ acres of state owned forestry (oldest state owned forestry in the state-will never have neighbors on those sides). What is the saying, good fences make good neighbors-well my fence is state forestry....

47 degrees (F) today so we rode 53 miles for a cup of coffee. Good thing we didn't go out together yesterday when it was warmer. That would have made sense. Nobody accused us have having common sense. No heated gear but didn't really get cold until the last 7 or 8 miles, I guess the temps dropped a couple more degrees?

Nice ride along a curvy road by the Kankakee river in Illinois outside of the little town of Momence.

On the bright side we found a new coffee spot.

PBvDeqLtRVakJjGt2kpfWg.jpg

Rode to physio. Getting some discomfort in the throttle wrist. Apparently the muscles in the forearm are all tensed up. Therapy of stretching and massage. Hopefully some progress in a week.

Rode the NC on local country roads, only about 20 miles. Then switched to the 250 Rally and did the same. It sure was nice to get out on a ride. Temps have been below normal for a month or more, but today was really nice at around 53*F. I like that better than 90*F.

Yesterday, I got the nc out (first time in 3-4 weeks); I had been on vacation down south (florida) for 2 weeks-not really a vacation-worked on property down there mostly. Rode it for about 1.5 hours, lord it was fun. My old cruiser (c50 boulevard) let me down though-guess it was jealous I sat on a Valkyrie while in Florida. The old C50 wouldnt do anything when I turned the key-not a battery issue-hooked up a known good battery and turning the switch did nothing. I think there is an electrical gremlin somewhere under the tank but lord that tank can be a PITA (4.7 gallon and of course it is full of gas at the moment) and cant lift the back up too far as the fuel line into the fuel pump is short and the electrical cable for the EFI needs disconnected (and both are under the tank toward the front of the tank. Couldn't work on it yesterday as I had to finish cleaning up the mess the ice storm left in my yard/front field, after I rode the NC700x.

Snowing again today in the Chicago area. Bike is warm and dry in the garage.

OCTOBER : A ride to Stymphalia - Doxa Lakes (Greece)
[video=youtube;hydRLl2EzKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hydRLl2EzKo[/video]

Back