• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where do you stash your gear when you get there?

If the frunk is full, I use the helmet stay (cable) for my helmet.

I thread a coiled bicycle lock through the arm of my jacket and through the grab rails on the rear seat.

I walk in with my riding boots and riding pants. Gloves are in the frunk.

Works well. Plus on hot days my jacket lays across the black seat and keeps it cool!

Wear it with pride (red Roadcrafter) wherever I go. I get lots of questions like are you a fireman? Do you work for Halliburton? Are you Santa Clause? Or my favorite.....are you hot? This one seems to get asked the most when it's 100 degrees outside. Duh?
Mike

I ride with a red roadcrafter and get that all the time too! I have a formula pitch for how well made the roadcrafter is (waterproof, pockets, durability, fit, cops use 'em, etc), but mostly I just like demonstrating the mega huge zipper step in. That's gets people the smile every time. I have learned to be cautious about asking people (particularly women) if I could should them how my zipper works. ;)

My kids (2yr/4yr) say that I wear a "onesie", just like their red night time pajamas. Fair, but I'm going to ignore their input in the interest of my masculinity no matter how right they are.

Just a general discussion question - when you arrive at your final destination, where do you put all of your gear?

I know the frunk is most helpful, but that will swallow up my full face Helmet & gloves...so what to do with jacket & pants/over-pants, boots etc?
(assuming you do not have a top case and saddle-bags that is)

Please forgive me if someone else has already covered this.

When I need to stowe a lot of gear at my destination, I take the motorcycle's cover and a motion sensitive disc brake lock.

All the stuff you mentioned will fit in the frunk or on top of the seat. (riding suit, pants, boots).
The motorcycle cover goes over everything and then I attach the motion sensitive disc brake alarm.

Once all the gear is covered and out of sight,
my NC just looks like a parked bike with a cover over it.
People won't want to steal all that stuff if they don't know it's there.

If anyone distrubs it, the disc brake lock alarm sounds, and hopefully discourages someone from uncovering it.

NB: My cover is "Moto Centric" brand. LG size. When it's in its carrying bag, the bag fits in the frunk. Some folks have huge covers they can't carry with them easily.

Last edited:
I lock my helmet with the supplied cable to the helmet hook under the rear seat. Jacket in the frunk with gloves etc. The odd time i have a bag which i put the straps under the rear seat to lock it. ( yeah i know they could cut my straps) but i don't have anything of value in there.)
I don't have a gps but that would fit in the frunk with my jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My helmet goes in the Honda top case (It would fit in the frunk, but I don't want to take the Sena bluetooth mount off). My gloves go either in the frunk or in the top case with the helmet. My jacket will not fit in the Honda saddle bags with the back protector, so it goes with me. My Aerostich Transit pants will fit in the top case along with the helmet if I need them to, but when I'm just commuting to work, I park the bike, take my backpack out of the top case and place my helmet in there. Then I take my hat, pouch with personal effects and ID badge out of the frunk and place my gloves in there. Then I just walk into work wearing my jacket and trousers. I fold up the trousers and place them on top of the coat rack at work and hang up the jacket. I have to wear boots at work anyway, so I just ride in the same ones I use for work. It's nice when I go home, since I can leave the building with most of my gear already on and I don't have to change in the parking garage before leaving.

Back