• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where is Bamamate

bamamate

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all you NCers, I've been off the forum for about 6 months now so I thought I'd give ya'll an update on why.

Back in 2015 I tore my ACL and had it fixed. As a result of that surgery I developed something called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS). Basically the nerves incur some kind of trauma, like surgery, and don't respond correctly. They amplify all of the feelings/signals way above what they should be. It is rated at the top of the pain scale. I was on strong drugs to help control the pain, that and physical therapy are the only thing they can do to help, but I had gotten to where I could ride some. Interesting thing was I could ride off-road longer than on-road. Off-road breaks up the constant vibrations of the bike which hurts. So fast forward to last fall. With winter coming up, cold makes it a lot worse, I decided to do a Spinal Cord Stimulator (SCS). The SCS uses electrical pulses to mask the pain signals. Had the out patient surgery Tuesday before Thanksgiving so I could be back to work the next Monday. Well, the surgery went terribly wrong. From what I have been told, I don't remember any of it, Doc woke me up and he said he ha never seen anyone in so much pain. Put me back under to remove the SCS, woke me back up an I was still in tremendous pain and the CRPS had spread from just the left leg to both legs from the waist down. After a couple weeks in a wheel chair and a week in the hospital, I had to come to south Alabama so my sister could take care of me. Had to learn how to walk again and have had months of being totally out of it while the Pain Management Doc and I figured out the right combo of drugs. I can tell you being high for days on end isn't fun.
Moving along to present day, I can now walk and drive short distances. I can grocery shop for myself!!! I'm back at work though working remote. I've got to move from the motorcycle paradise of Arkansas to south Alabama or Florida. No way I can do the cold winters in Arkansas anymore. I'm keeping my bikes, NC and CRF250L, for now and hope that I can ride again some in the future. Maybe I can do a dragon or Hillbilly Hangout in a year or two.

I'll still checking on the forum now and then. Good riding to all and stay safe!!!

Matt

Sorry to hear your physical problems bamamate. Hope you heal sooner than later. If you are going to move south to get away from the cold, you have to go way south (Miami, Keys). Even Gainesville Florida gets to freezing temps (and temps in the teens) during winter months (but not so many of them).

I literally thought of you just yesterday and wondered where you had been after seeing some old posts.

Glad to see you back up and going again! Hoping and praying a continued road to recovery for you. Looking forward to hearing more from you in the future! Hate to see you'll be moving away from AR! Our winters aren't really bad, but this year has been a lot colder for longer than it has been in a while. (sub 20's for several weeks) At least for a southern winter that's cold!...We can't compare it to a northern winter, but it was definitely brutal this year by our definition.

Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery bamamate. Glad to see your on the road again! Best of luck on your move as well. Maybe a move west, say Arizona or the like would be good? Anyway, wherever you end up, ride on.

I’ve been wondering about you bama. I’m so sorry to hear of your situation. I sincerely hope it gets better from here on out, and I hope we meet up again someday. Stay in touch.

I'll always picture you riding down the Alabama countryside with a big smile.
I'll hold that image in my head as a kind of on-going prayer.
Welcome back.

I'm sorry to hear about your current situation, I hope you're feeling better soon.
Glad to see you back on the forum

Sorry to hear about the physical issues. I was in Conway the other day and tried to remember where you lived but I had only been to your place once. I might have actually knocked on your door had I remembered the house. I could only remember that it was on the corner. LOL. I hope you heal quickly and can get back on the bike.

So sorry to hear of these developments! I've got you on my prayer list for whatever the next thing is.

Back