• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where to buy new chain and sprocket

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
I’m looking at getting my next chain and sprocket set early to have on hand. Is there a good place to buy them and is there a brand that will last longer than stock? My usual go to websites (Revzilla and sport bike track gear) don’t seem to carry any thing

The cheapest place I found to buy accessories and wear items is carpimoto.com in Genoa Italy.
Their prices are amazing.
They sell only name brand chains (DID) and sprockets.
They have a sprocket and chain kit for the NC.
Make sure you order the correct kit, because the manual trans and DCT have different sized sprockets.

I’m still on my original rear sprocket at 49,000 miles, but I did replace my front sprocket recently. I just bought the Honda OEM front sprocket.

For the chain, I just watch for a good deal on a D.I.D. VX2 or VX3 on eBay or Amazon. Even if a good deal comes up on a chain that’s longer than stock size, I buy it anyway because it is no trouble to shorten it.

I also used Sprocket Center. DID 520VX3 and "unbranded" (Sprocket Center in-house) front and rear sprockets.

$124 all in w/ 2-day FedEx shipping.

Sprocket Center.com is the place.

I bought DID VX3 chain and Superlite sprockets. BUT.....upon changing mine, I really didn't even need to replace the sprockets, the oem ones are steel and wear well. No matter what you buy, just don't buy aluminum sprockets, they wear out stupid fast.

And you can buy a Motion Pro chain break/rivet tool on sportbiketrackgear.com for around $60. No need to spend any more than that on a chain tool.

If you are in the US, SprocketCenter.com is where I got mine. I spent just over $230 for a chain, two sprockets, and DID chain break tool. The tool itself was $100 so the chain and sprockets were about $130.
You don’t need a special chain break tool. An angle grinder does the job much easier and quicker.

I don’t have a angle grinder so chain break tool it is!
This is the one I bought. $65

Still gotta have a rivet tool, might as well buy a 2 in 1 tool like this for it. Unless you use a clip-style link, then an angle grinder is all you need, if you have one that is. But I'm not a fan of clip links. Rivet links only for me.

Last edited:
1. I don't have a grinder...and I suspect most people don't. 2. An angle grinder won't rivet the new chain on. But good job on making an irrelevant comment.
It is not an irrelevant comment. If the old chain has a rivet link, use the grinder to remove the old chain. Install the new chain with the clip type link. No one said the new chain definitely needs a rivet link, as the clip link is a viable option. When I have purchased D.I.D. VX2 520 chains, they have always come with a clip type link in the package. Using a rivet link was an option that required an additional purchase.

I don’t know how many people own a grinder, but from what I see they are generally cheaper than a rivet tool. I own both.

It is not an irrelevant comment. If the old chain has a rivet link, use the grinder to remove the old chain. Install the new chain with the clip type link. No one said the new chain definitely needs a rivet link, as the clip link is a viable option. When I have purchased D.I.D. VX2 520 chains, they have always come with a clip type link in the package. Using a rivet link was an option that required an additional purchase.

I don’t know how many people own a grinder, but from what I see they are generally cheaper than a rivet tool. I own both.
Considering the original topic is about where to buy a chain and sprockets and not how one method of chain removal may, or may not, be better than another...it is irrelevant.

1. I don't have a grinder...and I suspect most people don't. 2. An angle grinder won't rivet the new chain on. But good job on making an irrelevant comment.
Good luck breaking the chain with that tool. You have more chance of breaking the tool with the chain and that’s if you are strong enough.
It’s nice to be nice to members trying to help don’t ask questions if you don’t like the answers.

Considering the original topic is about where to buy a chain and sprockets and not how one method of chain removal may, or may not, be better than another...it is irrelevant.
Yes, we got off topic, but the first post in the thread to mention a chain break tool was yours, in post #3. Then it became included in the discussion from there.

Back