• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Which motor oil do you suggest?

Markino

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
I'm going to change my motor oil and since I'd like to buy a very good oil... can you suggest me a brand/type of oil for our NC?

Honda GN4 10w-30 or Honda HP4S synthetic 10w-30.

You can use these in 10w-40 specification as well.

These are good oils and meet Honda's recommendations in the manual.

Maxima just came out with a new synthetic 10w30 called pro plus. I have been using maxima maxum synthetic 10w40 but will switch to this once I'm due again. Check out maximausa.com

Hi guys,
I'm going to change my motor oil and since I'd like to buy a very good oil... can you suggest me a brand/type of oil for our NC?

You're likely to get a different answer for every single person that replies.

I think all NC700's ship from the factory with 10W30, but I can't find that anywhere, it's always been a very rare weight for motorcycle oil as far as I have always seen, anyway.

At my first oil change (1,000 km's) I put in Motul 5100 10W40 4T semi-synthetic. It's a motorcycle specific oil.

Next oil change I will go to my favourite stuff, Motul 300V 10W40 4T double ester full synthetic. (Honestly, just because I like the bottles, the colour and the smell, lol.)

I am using Shell Rotella T6 5w40, meets JASO-MA specifications. Service manual states 10w30 or 10w40. My local dealer uses bulk 10w40 for all oil changes.

Go with a full-synthetic motorcycle-specific 10w-30 or 10w-40, whatever brand you like. I use Royal Purple Max Cycle 10w-40.

I am using Shell Rotella T6 5w40, meets JASO-MA specifications. Service manual states 10w30 or 10w40. My local dealer uses bulk 10w40 for all oil changes.

Ditto. I like the 5w part since I ride when temp is in the teens. 19F is my record for this past winter. Last winter my record was 14F.

Ditto. I like the 5w part since I ride when temp is in the teens. 19F is my record for this past winter. Last winter my record was 14F.
I like Rotella synthetic 5w-40 and used it for 30 or 40,000 miles in my ST but just for the record API viscosity standard grades 10w for starting temperatures to 0 F (-18 C). Below zero F or -18 C 10w drops off leaving only 0 or 5w grades.

Shell Rotella T6 5w40 is also my choice for all my bikes. Been using it for years and years on many different bikes... Good oil!!!!

There are oil threads already on this forum, some asking exactly the same question you have.

!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, use the search feature so we don't repeat the same old oil thread over and over. A good keyword to search on is "JASO".

Greg

Last edited:
There are oil threads already on this forum, some asking exactly the same question you have.

!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, use the search feature so we don't repeat the same old oil thread over and over. A good keyword to search on is "JASO".

Greg

No please don't search. I'm gonna go grab some popcorn. I love me a good oil thread

First oil change yesterday, used Rotella T6 synthetic 5w-40. Upon starting the engine, the bike was noticeably quieter and shifting was smoother. Really surprised me the sound difference right off the bat...

So far today we have:
Honda GN4 10w-30
Honda HP4S synthetic 10w-30.
Maxima Maxum synthetic 10w40
Maxima synthetic 10w30 pro plus
Motul 300V 10W40 4T double ester full synthetic
Motul 5100 10W40 4T semi-synthetic
Shell Rotella T6 5w40
Royal Purple Max Cycle 10w-40
In mine I put "Valvoline 4-stroke Motorcycle Oil 10w-40" 'cuz it was cheap.

Any more?

Last edited:
Markino, I've forgotten: Are you in Bavaria, or is that just your avatar picture?

What oils do you have available to you where you are? I'm thinking that if you're in Bavaria (or anywhere in Europe), you'll have something from Shell, Castrol, Total, Fuchs, and Motul at least. What else?

The slippery kind, in the correct weight range, changed at the recommended intervals.
Seriously, this motor is in an extremely moderate state of tune.
It really doesn't matter, unless it really matters to you.

1 vote for Mobil 1 full syn.

I hope you mean Mobil 1 Racing 4T Motorcycle. Plain old Mobil 1 full syn does not meet criteria for most motorcycles, including the NC700X.

Last edited:
Back