• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Which motorcycle table lift are you using ?

ld_rider

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm kicking around the idea of finally getting up off my concrete floor and having the luxury of working/cleaning my bike at a comfortable height. I'm not interested in a jack but a professional style table lift, either hydraulic, electric or a combination of both.

Any recommendations?

TIA

Western HandyLift, pneumatic type.

A friend had one of the cheap import lifts. He had his Norton on it with the lift raised, and came back to the garage to find the entire assembly tipped over on the floor. He now has a Handy Lift. The cheap lift was not very stiff laterally.

I've got plans on my website for building a tilt-top work stand. If you are a good scrounger it may cost very little to make. The Handy Lift is more convenient and goes higher and in general is much nicer, but then it is a lot more expensive too.

I have had this one for about 20 years. I replaced the wheel clamp with a drive on over center.
As for lift falling over, it far more common the bike trips on the lift and lift topples. I always use tie downs even when the bike is on the center stand. I also very often use a scissors support in the engine of frame depending on the type of work being done. This lift is air powered and the only service is lube the air cyclinder and load bearing points.

Mine does not have the roll plate but it does have two removable rear sections, which allows the rear wheel to be dropped straight down. On some bikes this allows rear wheel service with removing the rear fender section or luggage.

Atlas(R) HT-ACL Cycle Lift 1,000 Capacity with Rear Wheel Roller Plate | GSES | GSES

IMG_2779.JPG

Scissors jack accessory

IMG_2780.JPG

Last edited:
Last year I bought a Derek Weaver lift and small scissor Jack. Awesome! Lifts 1500 pounds. Has a full frame on the floor, therefore it has caster wheels at each corner. When done with it I screw the casters wheels down and then push it against the wall and store a bike on it. Don't lose any floor space. Also a little bit wider than most. It is a hydro/pneumatic pump. Love it and very stable. The drop plate you takeout to change the tires is a bit wider than the other lifts out there too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back