• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Which one of you is this?

GunNut37086

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A couple of us took our NCs down a pretty rough, washed-out gravel trail this weekend. I have the standard model with PR4s and CRStep has the DCT with Pirelli Angel GTs. We took it kind of slow and careful, since we have street tires, but then I saw this video and wondered if it's one of you guys.

[video=youtube;4WmVbSvKfes]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WmVbSvKfes[/video]

I wouldn't have thought street tires would do so well. I'm wanting to do more of this kind of riding, but I won't be ready for new tires for quite a while.

i only watched part of it but it didn't seem like there was much that was traction-demanding from an off-road standpoint, nor that would challenge the front tire to wash out. when i've done that on my NC with my stock Battlax though, I've felt like I'm really beating the tires up.

I would not call this aggressive driving but it is what I would call a nice off road run.

He does take it extremely easy either due to his lack of experience riding this type of terrain or his lack of knowledge of that area.

But then if he does not have a radiator guard and sump guard this speed would be good.

The tires do look nice (just checked them on their website).

I just put a set of Metzler Tourance Next on my 2013 NC.

Just went on last Thursday and today I hope to try some mountain roads out.

But this does give you a little idea how the Pilot grabs these style of roads.

I certainly would/will consider these.

God bless!!

Michael

I have to take it easy right now too. I haven't ridden a dirt bike since I was a kid and I don't have a skid plate or handguards on my NC yet.

Looks like a lot of fun.

But this does give you a little idea how the Pilot grabs these style of roads.

I certainly would/will consider these.
it's not challenging terrain or surface/texture. just a smidgeon of mud or clay, or some steep stuff, and it becomes apparent that there's a reason for tires that are more than a donut with shallow worm trails cut into them.

I have to take it easy right now too. I haven't ridden a dirt bike since I was a kid and I don't have a skid plate or handguards on my NC yet.

Looks like a lot of fun.
Nothing wrong with taking it easy.

i'm no expert, but it seems to me that deeper tread patterns and more open area not only provides grip in more varied conditions, but it also protects the case because the outer portion of the tire has more give and cushions the harshness. here in many places you see a lot of slick grasses and ground cover with scads of broken tree branches above and below the weave, slick and tangled, and it really challenges a tire in ways that ruts and dry dirt and small rocks cannot. thus, a "real off road tire test" may not be indicative of what you might encounter, and doesn't give much indication of longevity and durability in real-world conditions. i'll take my similarly pavement oriented Battlax stockers into places like this, dry and of similar composition -- but i would warn people not to get influenced by this when making tire choices ; }

Back