• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

WHICH SHOCK? Make it easy for me.

Therapy

Reaction score
Visit site
I did some searches and can't find what I have read before.

Please point me to the answer.
I am going to buy the shock that makes it easy. The one that is for the Aprillia (sp??) that fits fine. Also a different spring from ??? that matches weight.
We have three NCs and three riders. 320lbs, 200lbs and 220lbs.
Which shock, part number, seller etc.???

Make it easy please. BICU (Before Intensive Care Unit) maybe I could have found it all by myself. Now I don't do as well.

Also want to get three sets of the fork rebuild kits from -I forgot-......and the correct oil. The weight of it is confusing and contadictory right? There was a thread or two about how to do it. Maybe I can still do it with a simple one-two -three....seventy seven step by step kinda thing, oh, and a kids help instead of paying shipping both ways. Dunno.

Anybody wanna help do a marathon suspension thing in Land O Lakes???

Thanks

I am no help on the front but what I did for the rear and worked great for me at 190# (also have luggage on the bike)
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Rear Shock Absorber Strut Spring W Linkage from ebay and I didn't use the linkage
Item price $69.89
7" free length Eibach spring 2 1/4 inch ID 808# as tested ( i bought a used pair from a race car buddy for $40)
Paid a local motorcycle shop $10 to swap the springs for me.

So for basically $100 my rear suspension is GREAT.

As always YMMV but that's what worked for me.

The easy way is to contact the spring supplier and ask them to change out the springs on the Aprilla shock. If you want it easier contact one of the aftermarket shock suppiers (like Wilburs Germany) and they'll go over weights, usuage etc. before shipping to you.

They will quote you a spring rate for a RSV or Tuono from which it came, but not an Aprilia shock used on a NC7.

You will have to decide which unit you want to use (RSV or Tuono), if you go that route, and then look at the info in the different threads to decide on a spring to pursue, noting how people said their bikes are configured (i.e. touring w/ luggage & no passenger, no luggage at all, off pavement use, commute only, etc.). Since most use linear rate springs, I would think that you can use a simple ratio to arrive at a spring rate that will work for the weights you quoted.

Also realize that the damping with the Aprilia shock is tailored to those machines.

Well......that means I won't be able to decide what to get.
I will call someone I guess.

OK.
Thanks all.
May just pay the man here -
"Ok guys, so I drove down to Pisgah National forest for a long weekend of mountain bike riding. After calling Ohlins, I find out they are headquartered right outside of where we are riding/staying and Jerry invites me to bring the Tuono shock in, take a look at it, go over the shock, and set me up with a spring....I also got a nice tour and got to see some sweet stuff while i was in there! While i do not remember near the amount of numbers and things they went over while I was there, the basics are I weigh 192lbs, and I walked out with 1092-49/130 spring mounted to my shock ready to go. He did say this rate was a step or two below what I would get if I purchased an Ohlins shock from them according to my weight, but it is the best fit for the shock that I will be running, with my weight on the bike.....those guys seemed to know what they were doing, so I am going to believe him, haha, he may have sold me on a setup for my fz09 while I was in there too.

They were nice enough to mount it all up, use their fancy spring compressor, and give me the full tour......it gets mounted up tomorrow, and ride report as soon as the snow leaves the roads around here."

I am spending my kids inheritance so may just make the Dragon fall trip to Henderson and spend a few extra days.

^^^^ There you go.

I went with the Gen 2 Tuono Sachs shock, had it revalved and resprung for my weight and its great and cost about $350 or so all said and done, maybe $400.

Were I to do it again, I would just buy an out of the box Ohlins set for my weight and be done with it. Good choice.

As for your FZ09, my buddy just put an ohlins on his and as you can imagine, it transformed the bike. The downside of upgrading your shock? You will instantly realize how crappy your forks are now :) (on both bikes!).

^^^^ There you go.

I went with the Gen 2 Tuono Sachs shock, had it revalved and resprung for my weight and its great and cost about $350 or so all said and done, maybe $400.

Were I to do it again, I would just buy an out of the box Ohlins set for my weight and be done with it. Good choice.

As for your FZ09, my buddy just put an ohlins on his and as you can imagine, it transformed the bike. The downside of upgrading your shock? You will instantly realize how crappy your forks are now :) (on both bikes!).

Yep.
Plan on forks also.
I can learn from others.

I recommend Cogent Dynamics. Call em up. They will interview you on type of riding, weight, etc. They have drop in valves for the front along with springs set for the rider. k Rear shock is built to your specs.
I had that set up on my DR650 and now my NC. Pretty easy install.

Back