• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Which would you choose Puig Touring or Honda Tall Windscreen

Got mine a couple days ago, put it on and went for a nice long ride, about 120 miles. Definitely an improvement over the stock screen.P1010202.jpgP1010200.jpg

I used the lower mounting holes, I may try the upper holes one of these days just to see how much difference it makes.

Got mine a couple days ago, put it on and went for a nice long ride, about 120 miles. Definitely an improvement over the stock screen.View attachment 7713View attachment 7714

I used the lower mounting holes, I may try the upper holes one of these days just to see how much difference it makes.

I like mine as well! But I strongly recommend Dale's mounting plates. The OEM rubber wells gave out under air pressure. Not fun.... ;)

Rob, I swapped mine Honda Tall out with the Puig last night. I rode my standard 30 miles to work this morning and I notice two main differences. At slow speeds I really could not tell a difference. The wind was hitting my face shield towards the top of the helmet instead of the center so no big deal there. At 70mph it seems the wind stream had pushed its way toward the top of the helmet. I still had wind noise but it was not the same turbulent sound as before. It was more of a constant whooshing noise and not choppy. The biggest difference I noticed was when traveling around and behind semi trucks. I work in the heavily trafficked area of Little Rock, AR. I have to deal with lots of semi's. When I follow them or pass them the wind turbulents normally make the front wheel/handlebars toss back and forth slightly. After installing the Puig and riding in this morning the movement of the front wheel and handlebars was much less. So much less that just that alone has sold me on the windshield.

Well, I think Its not worth it for me to switch from the HONDA TALL to Puig. I may later on put one of those mra wind deflector do-hicky things on and see how that works.

Ken

I got the Parabellum tall and tinted. A lot quieter and the wind just hits my arms. I can hear the tire roar on the road, especially with my face shield up. Will be a lot better in the winter. will post pictures when I can.

Well, I think Its not worth it for me to switch from the HONDA TALL to Puig. I may later on put one of those mra wind deflector do-hicky things on and see how that works.

Ken

Like I said, the biggest difference that sells me on the Puig is the lack of front end shake as I maneuver around semi trucks. As for wind noise, still there at either height adjustment. I'm only 5'9" so height really isn't a factor. I grew up on sport bikes so the wind doesn't really bother me.

I like mine as well! But I strongly recommend Dale's mounting plates. The OEM rubber wells gave out under air pressure. Not fun.... ;)

Can you elaborate on "Dale's mounting plates"? I was most likely not with the forum when this was talked about.

Can you elaborate on "Dale's mounting plates"? I was most likely not with the forum when this was talked about.

Read the sticky thread at the top of the list in the Mods section.

Greg

Read the sticky thread at the top of the list in the Mods section.

Greg

Thanks for the info. I did have trouble getting the right side mounting plate in. I modified it to make it work but I like the ones shown in the sticky. All four holes have threads so you don't have to move it. I may need to upgrade to these.

I have the Honda Touring screen and I agree it doesn't work as is... but I really do think it works well if you add the Wunderlich Wind deflector. That deflector costs $135 which is more than I paid for the Honda Touring screen, but I know I will be able to use it on any other windscreen I have in the future.
The adjustability lets you put the wind right where you want it....
The width of the Honda Touring screen is not as wide as others so you get more air right at the shoulders...and I actually like that as it is warm the majority of the year... airflow is a very good thing to me at the right places.

I am planning on trying to mount a Calsci on the Honda Touring screen bracket/brace for the cold months, so I can have a huge pocket of relatively dead air to ride behind when it is cold out.

I'm not sure how pricey the Puig or the Madstad is, but my Honda Touring screen was $115 on sale and my Wunderlich wind deflector was $135 shipped.... so $250 total for what I consider to be a very adjustable windscreen with great airflow on the sides. Not a bid deal.

Here are some pics of the Wunderlich deflector and a link to their website
Wind Deflector All Items For This Bike | BMW Wunderlich America
View attachment 7372View attachment 7373View attachment 7374
I have tried puig and power bronze power blade just got the best screen from company called slip screens uk only £58.50 absolutely perfect for me cant believe I spent 290 quid on others only to find out £58,50 is the best I have love it

Back