• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Who needs an Africa Twin, KTM, or BMW GS???? When you got an NC!!!!

vman1313

Reaction score
Visit site
((Please take this as playful banter and not serious talk))

Who needs a $16,000+ bike when you can do it ALL on an $8,000 NC!?!? HaHaHa yeah, I know I am crazy...the GS's have so many cool features like big gas tank, ride comfort settings, the ability to turn off ABS, raise/lower seat, etc etc etc. The KTM...well its just a BadAss Super Capable bike AND no there were no Africa Twins in our ride but what do you really get for so much more money.

Bottom line is: I love the NC and find it way more capable than people think or give it credit for AND do things with the NC MOST people on KTMs and GSs won't.

SHORT VIDEO
[video=youtube;oStK2JzEtBc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oStK2JzEtBc[/video]

LONG VIDEO
[video=youtube;pKBT7hjGcx8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKBT7hjGcx8[/video]

I look at other bikes and my first thought is it doesn't have a frunk, then it's downhill from there. My NCX has spoiled me :)

I have used my NC offroad, and although it can do it. I don't feel it is best suited for it for me. That is why I'm looking at getting an Africa Twin. The suspension on the NC wasn't made for offroad. Even with all the money I've put into the suspension on the NC to make it better, it's still not ideal. It leaves me very fatigued in a short period of time as the 17 in front wheel and the short travel of the front forks don't soak up the bumps and ruts very well. It's pretty harsh. The $1300 Wilbers shock I put on the rear is WAY better than the stock shock, but there still is the issue with the front. So, yes the NC can do these things. But, it's not built to do them and other bikes are and can do them better with less rider fatigue. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Great clips as always. I can never pass by without playing them. Thanks again.

I have used my NC offroad, and although it can do it. I don't feel it is best suited for it for me. That is why I'm looking at getting an Africa Twin. The suspension on the NC wasn't made for offroad. Even with all the money I've put into the suspension on the NC to make it better, it's still not ideal. It leaves me very fatigued in a short period of time as the 17 in front wheel and the short travel of the front forks don't soak up the bumps and ruts very well. It's pretty harsh. The $1300 Wilbers shock I put on the rear is WAY better than the stock shock, but there still is the issue with the front. So, yes the NC can do these things. But, it's not built to do them and other bikes are and can do them better with less rider fatigue. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Motorcycles are definitely not a ONE SIZE FITS ALL kind of thing. I am lucky the NC is MY perfect fit...I can ride that thing ALL DAY LONG!

Back