• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Whoops

Wedders

Reaction score
Visit site
I was making a u turn today from a standing start. Not being used to a DCT I had forgot that being on a slope I had applied the parking brake and halfway around the turn as I decelerated the bike stopped. Luckily I managed to stop the bike falling over but it did leave me red faced in front of the stopped cars.

Good save. I'm surprised you were able to move forward at all with the parking brake on.
Agreed, the parking brake holds me to a dead stop. You must have thrown some throttle at it to get it to budge!

BTW, no worries, hopefully no one behind you will ever see you again... at least keep telling yourself that.

As illustrated by your experience, riding away with the parking brake engaged can cause a fall/crash. I’m rather surprised that Honda didn’t include an interlock switch to prevent this potential problem. Perhaps they could have put it in series with the sidestand safety switch.

The parking brake on our Honda 250 scooter turns on a dash light, but the scooter will still allow you to attempt to ride with the brake on.

Good save. Maybe the brake needs adjustment to specification. I’ve found they still work OK even out of adjustment but when the cable is tight it’s apparent when I leave it on by mistake.

Good save. Maybe the brake needs adjustment to specification. I’ve found they still work OK even out of adjustment but when the cable is tight it’s apparent when I leave it on by mistake.
Yes I agree with you. I have fitted new pads and adjusted the brake trying to find a happy medium where it holds the bike but is not too difficult/tight to use. I will now tighten it a little so it won’t let me move with it on. And if anyone is wondering yes the light works on the dash I just didn’t notice it as my mil light was on as well and it was distracting me.

As illustrated by your experience, riding away with the parking brake engaged can cause a fall/crash. I’m rather surprised that Honda didn’t include an interlock switch to prevent this potential problem. Perhaps they could have put it in series with the sidestand safety switch.

The parking brake on our Honda 250 scooter turns on a dash light, but the scooter will still allow you to attempt to ride with the brake on.
My 750 has a dash light. Still, there's a learning curve in slow riding the dct! I reduced the amount of slack on the throttle cable and that helped me a lot.

My 750 has a dash light. Still, there's a learning curve in slow riding the dct! I reduced the amount of slack on the throttle cable and that helped me a lot.
I increased the slack on my throttle and now I find it much easier to control. Shows that we are not all the same.

Back