• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wierd "issue" with switchback LEDs

RubyRider

Reaction score
Visit site
I have some switchback LEDs installed in my front turn signals. I noticed that sometimes when turning off the signal it takes a second for the DRLs to turn back on. It doesn't happen every time and seems to be when I haven't used it in a while, like overnight or something. Anyone else have this issue? I haven't noticed any other issues on the bike. Non Issue?

I also have switchback LED's for front turn/running lights.
When the LED's go from amber flashing to white running, there has always been about a 1.5 - 2 second delay.
I am using this LED flasher relay:

I would say non-issue.

I have the amber/white switchback front LEDS.

I thought about this for a moment. When the turn signal is active, the running lights are switched off. When the signal flashes, it flashes on and full off. It does not flash on, then back to running light, then to on. So the blank off portion of the signal flash is a part of the active signal period. If you cancel your signal right near the end of an off period, the running light will come on right away. But, to the observer, the amber signal light was on, then all was dark, then finally white the running light appears. This may cause one to think there is, at times, a delay in relighting the white running light, but in reality the blank is just the ending of the signal sequence. If you cancel your signal right near the end of an on period, the white running light instantly replaces the amber signal light.

Short answer: Don’t worry about it.

Back