• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wierd tires issues, spacers seem to be mismatched.

RubyRider

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been trying to mount my tires for 2 days now. at first I thought it was the brakes. I tore them down, bled them and they seem to be working fine. It would seems I am missing spacers as well as having mismatched spacers.

I have a 2013 NC700X. My two front wheel spacers are mismatched in size. When I look at the OEM part, both of them are supposed to be the same. A buddy mentioned that there might a revision or something to where honda decided differently.

I am missing my right rear spacer completely. I swear I didn't misplace it, but I must've because I don;t have any uneven wear or anything. I was very careful, I took pictures, and but everything that could fit into a ziploc and the other bigger parts I put into a box with the ziploc. Before I order these parts. I just want to make sure I am not crazy.

I'm going to take a guess. The parts fiche I looked at shows the two front spacers have the same part number as does the rear left spacer. The rear right is the only spacer with a different part number. Could you have accidently moved the right rear spacer to the front?

no, I was very careful with parts placement. The rear left spacer and front spacers have different part numbers according hondapartshouse

OK. Now, let's think about this. If the bike was working fine before you took the wheels off, but now after reassembly it's not, why would you need to order any new parts? Look around you garage/shop for the parts.

I would first say you are crazy, but after hearing how the oil drain plug head was rounded off or over tightened by some previous owner/mechanic, I think anything might now be possible with the bike you have. You may have inherited some problems with that motorcycle.

You are correct about the rear spacers. I was wrong. The front spacers and the RIGHT rear spacer have the same numbers. The rear left is different.

OK. Now, let's think about this. If the bike was working fine before you took the wheels off, but now after reassembly it's not, why would you need to order any new parts? Look around you garage/shop for the parts.

I would first say you are crazy, but after hearing how the oil drain plug head was rounded off or over tightened by some previous owner/mechanic, I think anything might now be possible with the bike you have. You may have inherited some problems with that motorcycle.
I hope the problems aren't farther reaching than this. This is a cheap, if inconvenient fix. The dealer I purchased it from has been of little help. I am gonna order the spacers and just wait. I am already beyond frustrated and I don't wanna get stupid and miss something crucial.

I hope the problems aren't farther reaching than this. This is a cheap, if inconvenient fix. The dealer I purchased it from has been of little help. I am gonna order the spacers and just wait. I am already beyond frustrated and I don't wanna get stupid and miss something crucial.
Sounds like you are approaching the problem(s) in a level headed manner. Good luck to you. I hope this is the last “surprise“ you find on this bike.

I am missing my right rear spacer completely. I swear I didn't misplace it, but I must've because I don;t have any uneven wear or anything. I was very careful, I took pictures, and but everything that could fit into a ziploc and the other bigger parts I put into a box with the ziploc. Before I order these parts. I just want to make sure I am not crazy.

Could the now missing spacer have been stuck in the grease seal when you took your wheels to the dealer? You could ask the dealer if they have it by their tire machine or you could look in the vehicle you used to transported the wheels. Just a thought.

Back