• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Will Oxford heated grips work on a 2021

Motorat

Reaction score
Visit site
I have run oxfords on several of my other moto's and would rather spend $110 for oxfords over the $300 OEM Honda ones.

Has anyone installed them on their '21 750X?

thanks
joe

My dealer installed Oxford Heated Grips on my wife's 2021. They automatically shut off as designed.
I'm thinking about Oxford heated grips for my '19 750X. Which model grip did you go with? Did the dealer do the wiring installation with the Honda accessory wiring or just connect the to the battery since the will shut down on voltage drop if not turned off?

I'm thinking about Oxford heated grips for my '19 750X. Which model grip did you go with? Did the dealer do the wiring installation with the Honda accessory wiring or just connect the to the battery since the will shut down on voltage drop if not turned off?
The Oxford version 8 controller, as I understand it, shuts down after a period when there is no electrical activity or noise on the 12 volt feed, indicating that the motorcycle is not active. It does not necessarily wait for a voltage drop. That being said, I installed the Oxford through an ignition switched relay anyway (on my CRF250). Out in the boondocks camping and riding, I did not want to take any chances of the grips draining the battery

My dealer did the simple battery connection. However the Oxford 8 controller seems to be working as designed. I would have preferred a switched install, but so far, so good.

20210907_223045.jpgLooking at the grip pattern on my wife's Oxford Heated grips, it looks like the dealer installed the Touring model.
The Adventure, the Sport, and the Touring models seem to have their own unique grip pattern. My wife's grip pattern looks like the Touring version.

View attachment 46557Looking at the grip pattern on my wife's Oxford Heated grips, it looks like the dealer installed the Touring model.
The Adventure, the Sport, and the Touring models seem to have their own unique grip pattern. My wife's grip pattern looks like the Touring version.

Thanks Mudtrack. I imagine your dealer selected the Touring model Oxford grips based on dimensions to fit the NC best. I just read a review in RideApart and the author discussed this and documented the differences for each model. She installed the Touring grips on her CB500X also

Oxford heated grip dimensions.JPG

Looking at the gap between the grip and the housing it would appear to me they did not remove the ring. Should be easy to look and see.

Back