• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windscreen's Let's see em

So you should be, it looks great. The stock screen is the only screen I like tbh and I've been contemplating doing the same to mine.

Have you got anymore pics from different angles? I'd be very interested to see them, thanks.

Ahem, cheeky little bump.

Can anyone report on which of these fit with barkbusters handguards? I have the VPS kind. I know the mra vario does but I haven't heard about any others.

Windshields?

Can anyone report on which of these fit with barkbusters handguards? I have the VPS kind. I know the mra vario does but I haven't heard about any others.
I assume you are inquiring about windshields? And which one is compatible with the BarkBuster Storm handguards?:confused:

(...)
I like it so far, deflects the wind from the chest so no more chest-parachute when going 40mph+, a tiny downside is the wind now hits the helmet. This is good on one hand as ensures I still get fresh air and ventilation works as well, but on the other hand, head can get a little wobbly due to turbulences. Still, I didn't try it at more than 60mph as I didn't have the opportunity to go to roads where higher speeds are legal. (...)

Just a small update to my above statement:
I've had this screen for close to 600 miles now (and the first servicing at 600 is scheduled this week!) and I must say it absolutely does the job for me.
The wobbly head turned out to be caused by my helmet's face shield being opened a little to allow some air (it's freaking hot in Poland now with 90F for more than a week!) and starting to vibrate due to flowing air - closing the face shield solved the problem at above 40-ish. I've tested the shield at trip to my home town on highway and 60-70 was absolutely nice. The fastest I went on a highway was something like 90 last Friday and it still deflected the air nicely - I could feel the flow of the air around helmet, but my chest didn't get hit with the air. Absolutely nice for cruising speeds. I think I hit a bullseye with this purchase. Can't recommend it enough.

Oh, and its dark enough to stop instrument cluster from melting when left in the sun, at least for as long as my bike was exposed (but I tend to be lucky with parking place usually having some shade available).

Last edited:
I assume you are inquiring about windshields? And which one is compatible with the BarkBuster Storm handguards?:confused:
Yes, I'm inquiring about which windshields are comparable with the barkbusters vps handguards. They are a little different from the storms, just the plastic piece though. Thanks

added today

1729f12167536e1c0d5464803bb85ba5.jpg

2373cbc08ffc95a171976175da27d8c0.jpg

wings are hard to see

975f383abaa39becc8fde65f8ca941ea.jpg

OldJeff how tall are you can you see over your 22'' Cee Bailey? I'm 6'2'' and I had a Cee Bailey on my NT700 and really liked it. The windshield was like a +4 for the bike and I could put it level with my nose and get no wind at all and not have to look thru it.

The madstad windshield looks pretty awesome! Is it easy/quick to change the position/hight? Can it be changed with only hands or is it necessary to use a wrench? Thanks.

I'm as happy as can be with my Madstad! My second NC700 had a 20 inch already installed, but it turned out to be a bit short for me (6'4" & 34 inseam), although still way better than the Honda tall windscreen I have been using on my first NC700. Last week after a trip from OR to KY for some deer hunting, I rode down to Madstad in Florida where Mark fixed me up with a new style 24 inch onto my old style mount (which my 7 inch Garmin is attached to), along with the new style wingetts. A great improvement was experienced during the next four days riding to SoCal where I am now for the holiday.

Old style 20 inch Madstad

image.jpg

Mark at Madstad explaining options, and then installing a new style 24 inch windscreen and wingetts.

image.jpg

image.jpg

In and out in an hour thanks to Mark and Patty at Madstad!

image.jpg

My GPS mounted to the old style mounting plate.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ray

Last edited:
Yes, I'm inquiring about which windshields are comparable with the barkbusters vps handguards. They are a little different from the storms, just the plastic piece though. Thanks

10665902_10154581318305137_1305942074680424693_n.jpg

Puig clear, trimmed slightly with standoffs to fit my Barkbusters. Run 20k+ miles this way on stock wellnuts with zero issue.

Madstat 20" Ultra Super Clear type, with old style brackets. Not sure if they still make that model of plastic as it could cause some inverted buffeting at extremely low speeds.

Madstad Mounting.jpg

Madstat 20" Ultra Super Clear type, with old style brackets. Not sure if they still make that model of plastic as it could cause some inverted buffeting at extremely low speeds.

View attachment 27608
It's neat how Madstad also used the Ultra Super Clear material for the windshield mounting screws. That's a nice touch that shows the quality of their products.

Back