• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windshield Recommendation - Barkbusters and Rox Risers

bendobe

Reaction score
Visit site
I've gone through a lot of the threads on windshields and have seen a couple that I think may work but I want to see if anybody is running this specific combination.

I would like to know what windshields will work with both Barkbusters Storm handguards and Rox Risers. If you are running that combo I would love to know what you are using for a windshield. I have a Madstad that I'm going to send back (too wide) but I need to get another shield prior to a trip in two weeks. My first thought was to try to get Madstad to cut me a 16" but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Thanks in advance for the help.

In theory, the Rox Risers will move the handlebar controls further away from the windshield.

I have Honda touring windshield, Barkbusters ans Roxrisers on my NC and everything works well...last week I installed a Ermax touring windshield and it's all ok...

I'm running that combo along with The Honda touring screen AND the Wunderlich Wind deflector. The deflector is needed with the Honda touring screen IMHO. The brand of deflector I think is optional as I've heard good reports on just about all of them. I adjust the height of my deflector to allow or restrict the amount of air flow at the very top of my helmet where the vents are. Keeping the cold air out in the cold months and letting the air flow just at the height of the intake vents in the summer. I like the adjustability.

For better coverage the National Cycle or Madstad would be my next choices (not necessarily in that order)

BTW I am 5'11.

I have a 22" madstad and barkbusters and they touch at full lock, just barely, re-adjusting the madstad doesn't change how much they touch for me, and I've not tried adjusting the barkbusters.

Plan to get some rox risers in the near future to move the bars back just a hair so things will fit better.
Though the madstad has enough flex that I can still get to full lock and it doesn't appear to be damaging anything.

I have a 22" madstad and barkbusters and they touch at full lock, just barely, re-adjusting the madstad doesn't change how much they touch for me, and I've not tried adjusting the barkbusters.

Plan to get some rox risers in the near future to move the bars back just a hair so things will fit better.
Though the madstad has enough flex that I can still get to full lock and it doesn't appear to be damaging anything.

I bought a Madstad 20" and besides being way too big for my purposes it was at least an inch or more away from clearing on each side. i already cracked an Ermax screen at full lock. I didn't want to take the chance with another one.

d725636ea514d64e08691fe5f05730fb.jpg

Madstad with 2" rox plus bb handguards.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Ended up going with the National V Stream N20007 which works perfectly. This weekend will be the first long test, going from Denver to Rapid City, SD for a quick overnight trip.

If anyone else needs another suggestion, I've got 2" Rox anti-vibe risers, Barkbusters Storm guards and an MRA Vario touring screen. Everything works great together. I especially love the Rox and the Storm guards. MRA screen is good too.

Could anyone suggest some simple handguards with the only purpose of wind and rain protection?

I have 22" Madstad and do not really want to buy a set of something that would chip my windshield or would cause any other discomfort while using.

I have the Cycle Gear ones similar to the Barkbusters and they fit fine with my MadStad and Rox Risers. They have both protective ones with the aluminum guards and some that are just the wind/brush deflectors.

TRACKSIDE - Aluminum Handguard Kit with Shields - Hand Guards - Other Parts - Parts - Cycle Gear
TRACKSIDE - Brush Guards with Aluminum Mount - Hand Guards - Other Parts - Parts - Cycle Gear

Could anyone suggest some simple handguards with the only purpose of wind and rain protection?

I have 22" Madstad and do not really want to buy a set of something that would chip my windshield or would cause any other discomfort while using.

I am running that exact combination with the madstadd. No issues. Not sure why it's too wide for you. I would spend some time with the windshield reviews. From what I can see nothing on the market works as well as the madstadd.

I got the Cee Bailey 20" windshield and Barkbusters. They seem to do well for me...

See the images below to see if they help you out with finding your solution.

Attachments

• IMG_4674.jpg
    IMG_4674.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_4671.jpg
    IMG_4671.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_4673.jpg
    IMG_4673.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_4670.jpg
    IMG_4670.jpg