• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windshield Solutions.....

backinsaddle

Reaction score
Visit site
I put a tall cee bailey windshield on my nc700x. Still way too much wind buffeting on my head and neck. I cut two 1/4 inch thick by 2 inch wide strips of aluminum to make extender bracket. I drilled holes to bolt to bottom of bike and remount my shield on the top part of the aluminum strips. The bottom holds the top. The bottom two bolts that mounts to rubber grommet I did long screws with rubber and steel washer. This prevents the pressure from top of shield from pulling grommets loose. This raised the windshield where it should be. To prevent wind from coming in the bottom, I went to Lowes and bought a small piece of lexan. ($5) I cut and sanded edges so it fit the area I needed. See photo! Success! The only problem is I have big hand guards. They do touch the screen when turning bike in parking lots on tight spaces. I did not want to cut the cee bailey shield, as it as so nice. My scorpion helmet works best with shield up. With shield up I need no ear plugs. With it down, I do. I have other helmets that create no noise but I like the flip up full face.
Thought I'd share an idea if you are as frustrated as I've been.:cool:

Attachments

• windshield 1.jpg
    windshield 1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 292
Looks like it accomplishes about the same thing as a MadStad, except, of course, that yours is not adjustable. However, my guess is that your total outlay is a good bit less than for a MadStad.

Relatively inexpensive and looks pretty good in the bargain!

You are right. The $300 MadStad seems like the way to go. I've got about $200 in this. I think shield was $185?

I have ridden with the Honda stock, the Honda large, the Puig touring, and the SciCal. Of these 4 I have to admit the SciCal is by far the best windshield. However, I have now had 2 of them crack at the attachment holes. Cracks can be stop drilled, but they are ugly.

I'm loving the stock shield in the low position. When cold weather hits I'll go back to the Honda tall shield. I where earplugs. I don't like the noise from the Honda tall shield, or even the stock shield in the high position.

ugh wind noise is my problem I have the tall Honda screen and am happy with the protection but without earplugs I would go as deaf as my wife thinks I am

Back