• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windshield

ok. I would guess that there was little to no distortion as the radius of the lip is the same as the screen. The one pictured looks taller than the one I have on my 500x and if I was to look through the screen (on the 500) I would be looking at a spot about around 3-6' in front of me, and if I didn't pick up undesirable road conditions earlier then by the time I caught them through the screen it would probably be too late to successfully react.

I like the option of changing the air flow. It was the only screen that I used on my tiger that did not make my head feel like it was in the spin cycle.

Sure but you have to look down thru the shield at times to verify road surface irregularities or at least I do. If not shields wouldn't have to be see through at all.
Like you, I can't abide looking through a windshield. The Madstand systems I've used (Tiger 800, NC700X, Goldwing) all have the top edge of the screen a little less than 3" below line of sight. Looking straight across the top edge makes my line of sight about 15-20 feet in front of the bike. That distance has always been far enough out that at riding speeds above 10 or 15 mph I'm never looking through the shield.

I can't be the only one that make sure they miss the pothole, or stick or snake or walnut in the road by looking down thru the shield. I'll bet if y'all taped a paper bag over your shield that you'd find you look through it more than you think.

Nobody is short enough to ride looking through a stock NC windshield, yet for some reason they are made of clear lexan.

I can't be the only one that make sure they miss the pothole, or stick or snake or walnut in the road by looking down thru the shield. I'll bet if y'all taped a paper bag over your shield that you'd find you look through it more than you think.
Yes, and I believe it matters less than you think. Riding 15 mph is moving 22 feet per second and chances are we can't see, interpret, react with inputs to change direction in less than that second. Most riders are looking further down the road than 15 or 20 feet. Our brains require it. Two seconds out at 30 mph is 88 feet.

Yes, and I believe it matters less than you think. Riding 15 mph is moving 22 feet per second and chances are we can't see, interpret, react with inputs to change direction in less than that second. Most riders are looking further down the road than 15 or 20 feet. Our brains require it. Two seconds out at 30 mph is 88 feet.
Agreed.

I think it is very rare that people actually look through a windscreen, unless their windscreen in too tall for their torso.

Seems like a lot of people actually buy screens taller than are recommended for their size, so perhaps they are forced to look through them more than they should.

But except at very low speeds, looking through the screen is probably going to require a panic maneuver to avoid what you are looking at.

Agreed.

I think it is very rare that people actually look through a windscreen, unless their windscreen in too tall for their torso.

Seems like a lot of people actually buy screens taller than are recommended for their size, so perhaps they are forced to look through them more than they should.

But except at very low speeds, looking through the screen is probably going to require a panic maneuver to avoid what you are looking at.
The previous owner installed a dark smoke Madstad on my 2013 so I have become very aware of when I'm looking through it. I was picking my way around exposed stones and rocks on a washed out gravel road recently and found that 10 or 15 feet out was the cut-off. At any speed at all I'm never looking down at that distance. We go where we look and I'm looking further out in time and distance. If I'm arcing through a corner the focal point is several seconds out and due to radius of turn that point is off to the side and not behind the screen.

Re-posting this in the right forum:

saldog said:
Not a bad-looking windshield and the price is right at $100 including shipping. "GP Komposit". I bought it on eBay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/313514983769?var=612350481656, but you can also buy direct from Inpreda here: https://inpreda.com/collections/hon...-nc750x-windshield-windscreen-59-cm-fits-2021. I received it 8 days after ordering. Haven't test rode yet. I'll let you know how that goes.

This windshield is about 4.5 inches taller than the OEM "Tall Windshield", which puts it about 7.5" taller than stock. Right now, this is the only windshield this tall I can find anywhere for the 2021 model other than the CalSci, which I'm not fond of for its high price, shipping cost, or looks.

-Saldog
Update: What a difference! I am 6' tall and only have a 32" inseam, so I have a long torso, which means I sit about as tall in the saddle as someone 2-3" taller. This windshield keeps things quiet and peaceful all the way up to the low 60's for me. Into the 70's, some turbulence creeps in but it is still much quieter than the OEM "Tall" windshield and night and day different than stock. My face shield stays up pretty good, but a random gust might blow it down if I'm doing over 70. At one moment, I accelerated to 90 while crouched down a little bit to simulate someone a couple of inches shorter in the torso than I, and the face shield stayed up. It seemed quiet enough to have a phone conversation in my helmet actually. I don't know how else to describe it to someone else without a sound measuring device.

This windshield has an overall length of 59 cm. It's pretty tall, but it doesn't look freakishly tall to me. It has a bit of curvature to it in two planes and on the top, a bit of a "spoiler" curve that maybe helps a little to direct the air stream higher over your head.

When looking through the top of the windshield, I see about 15-20 feet ahead.

All I can say is that the difference is night and day from stock and I think I can live with this for now, so I'm ending my obsessive searching for a better windshield for the time being. Probably, Givi and Puig will finally release their windshields soon but I got tired of waiting on them. This one maybe doesn't look as good as those but it still isn't bad and the price is good. I recommend it for any impatient riders with a 2021 NC.

-Saldog

Attachments

• tempImagesJpNm8.png
    tempImagesJpNm8.png
    15.9 MB · Views: 50
  • tempImagecDkEne.png
    tempImagecDkEne.png
    11.3 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Re-posting this in the right forum:

Update: What a difference! I am 6' tall and only have a 32" inseam, so I have a long torso, which means I sit about as tall in the saddle as someone 2-3" taller. This windshield keeps things quiet and peaceful all the way up to the low 60's for me. Into the 70's, some turbulence creeps in but it is still much quieter than the OEM "Tall" windshield and night and day different than stock. My face shield stays up pretty good, but a random gust might blow it down if I'm doing over 70. At one moment, I accelerated to 90 while crouched down a little bit to simulate someone a couple of inches shorter in the torso than I, and the face shield stayed up. It seemed quiet enough to have a phone conversation in my helmet actually. I don't know how else to describe it to someone else without a sound measuring device.

This windshield has an overall length of 59 cm. It's pretty tall, but it doesn't look freakishly tall to me. It has a bit of curvature to it in two planes and on the top, a bit of a "spoiler" curve that maybe helps a little to direct the air stream higher over your head.

When looking through the top of the windshield, I see about 15-20 feet ahead.

All I can say is that the difference is night and day from stock and I think I can live with this for now, so I'm ending my obsessive searching for a better windshield for the time being. Probably, Givi and Puig will finally release their windshields soon but I got tired of waiting on them. This one maybe doesn't look as good as those but it still isn't bad and the price is good. I recommend it for any impatient riders with a 2021 NC.

-Saldog
Saldog was it difficult to install?

4 screws. 4 minutes. Doesn't get any simpler.
If the new taller screen mounts with the original hardware, would that be with rubber wellnuts? Or is Honda using nutplates or steel nuts now?

Well, I’m running a much lower version of the Madstad on the Goldwing now. Yesterday I hit a buzzard at 60 mph on the way up to the mountains. We were planning to be up here a week. The clear section of the Madstad shattered and a big chunk broke out of the plexiglass base plate. Fortunately the dead bird and shattered windshield pieces somehow flew up and over the wife and I. We retrieved the bigger pieces of plastic and carried on to destination, arriving after 4 hours of heavy rain. This morning I looked at what was there to work with and saw the piece of base plate fit like a puzzle piece exactly back into place and with some duct tape turned it into a 8” high flyscreen. The aerodynamics of the shorty shield aren’t too bad and the incident won’t cut our vacation short. There’s a lot of turbulence with my face shield open that goes away without it shut.

3E48B5E2-299B-48E6-95EA-3B1EA105B964.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I’m running a much lower version of the Madstad on the Goldwing now. Yesterday I hit a buzzard at 65 mph on the way up to the mountains. We were planning to be up here a week. The clear section of the Madstad shattered and a big chunk broke out of the plexiglass base plate. Fortunately the dead bird and shattered windshield pieces somehow flew up and over the wife and I. We retrieved the bigger pieces of plastic and carried on to destination, arriving after 4 hours of heavy rain. This morning I looked at what was there to work with and saw the piece of base plate fit like a puzzle piece exactly back into place and with some duct tape turned it into a 8” high flyscreen. The aerodynamics of the shorty shield aren’t too bad and the incident won’t cut our vacation short. There’s a lot of turbulence with my face shield open that goes away without it shut.

View attachment 46905
Glad you were unscathed. But good grief, you are one hell of a neat duct-taper! Mine would have looked like I read instructions, drafted in crayon, after drinking 10 beers. Hope you are well.

Well, I’m running a much lower version of the Madstad on the Goldwing now. Yesterday I hit a buzzard at 65 mph on the way up to the mountains. We were planning to be up here a week. The clear section of the Madstad shattered and a big chunk broke out of the plexiglass base plate. Fortunately the dead bird and shattered windshield pieces somehow flew up and over the wife and I. We retrieved the bigger pieces of plastic and carried on to destination, arriving after 4 hours of heavy rain. This morning I looked at what was there to work with and saw the piece of base plate fit like a puzzle piece exactly back into place and with some duct tape turned it into a 8” high flyscreen. The aerodynamics of the shorty shield aren’t too bad and the incident won’t cut our vacation short. There’s a lot of turbulence with my face shield open that goes away without it shut.
That's crazy! Glad you two are no worse for the wear.

Well, I’m running a much lower version of the Madstad on the Goldwing now. Yesterday I hit a buzzard at 60 mph on the way up to the mountains. We were planning to be up here a week. The clear section of the Madstad shattered and a big chunk broke out of the plexiglass base plate. Fortunately the dead bird and shattered windshield pieces somehow flew up and over the wife and I. We retrieved the bigger pieces of plastic and carried on to destination, arriving after 4 hours of heavy rain. This morning I looked at what was there to work with and saw the piece of base plate fit like a puzzle piece exactly back into place and with some duct tape turned it into a 8” high flyscreen. The aerodynamics of the shorty shield aren’t too bad and the incident won’t cut our vacation short. There’s a lot of turbulence with my face shield open that goes away without it shut.

View attachment 46905
I also hit a buzzard the other day and it snapped off my Moose racing screen (22" tall). Bird and plastic flew right over my head. Lucky it wasn't worse. Have my stock shorty on there until I can get another touring screen - forgot how noisy and the strength of the wind blast on my chest.

View attachment 46905
I'm glad that you and your wife escaped relatively unscathed. And as others have said you did a great job with the duct tape.

I also hit a buzzard the other day and it snapped off my Moose racing screen (22" tall). Bird and plastic flew right over my head. Lucky it wasn't worse. Have my stock shorty on there until I can get another touring screen - forgot how noisy and the strength of the wind blast on my chest.
These buzzard impacts got me wondering. Where I live in midwestern USA, we don’t have buzzards, at least we don’t use that name. I looked up common buzzard, and it seems they don’t even live in North America. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_buzzard

I have hawks, turkey vultures, turkeys, eagles, and owls in my area. Maybe the term buzzard is used in the eastern and/or southern USA. So when you hit a buzzard, is it a vulture, a hawk, or something else? Not trying to nitpick, but since we apparently don’t have anything we call “buzzards” where I live, I just wanted to learn what is was.

Last edited:
These buzzard impacts got me wondering. Where I live in midwestern USA, we don’t have buzzards, at least we don’t use that name. I looked up common buzzard, and it seems they don’t even live in North America. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_buzzard

I have hawks, turkey vultures, turkeys, eagles, and owls in my area. Maybe the term buzzard is used in the eastern and/or southern USA. So when you hit a buzzard, is it a vulture, a hawk, or something else? Not trying to nitpick, but since we apparently don’t have anything we call “buzzards” where I live, I just wanted to learn what is was.
I grew up in central IN. We called what is technically a turkey vulture, a buzzard. But then, we called groundhogs 'whistle pigs'.

Back