• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Winterized and reinstalled good battery, but not power

Doanster

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in MN, so removed the battery for winter. Spring is finally here and I wanted to get it started again. I reconnected the battery today (black to black, red to red) but get no signs of power to the bike. I checked the battery with a voltmeter and it is outputting over 12 volts. Checked to make sure the kill switch is on. Checked all visible wiring connections and all looks in order. With the key turned to start, I get no sign of life.... no lights on, no info on the display, absolutely nothing!

Any advice for what I should do next?

When you measured 12 volts at the battery, is that with the key switch on? In other words, is the battery still at 12 volts when it has a load applied?

There is a 30 amp main fuse in the starter really assembly to the right side (throttle side) of the battery. You may want to check that main fuse.

+1 on 670s comment about checking the main fuse is nothing is ON.

Out of curiosity, how old is the battery? I only ask because modern batteries seem to be fine one day and dead the next!

Back