• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wisconsin: Ice Bike Races Beat Winter Bike Blues

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site

The Daredevilry Doesn’t Stop For December’s Fluffy Stuff…​

Let’s face it – tucking away the motorcycle for the winter sucks.

Having grown up on the fickle weather of Canada’s Ontario Snowbelt, winter bike blues are no joke. I’ve spent my (rather short) bike history prepping bike lines in the late fall, storing the machine on stands to protect the tires from the increasing cold, and twiddling my thumbs as the withdrawal kicks in.

It’s a tradition – but what if it could be broken?

A view of the Midwest Ice Races, held in Wisconsin and designed to combat winter bike blues.

I know of few here that brave the blustery blizzards and icy conditions to brave a lap or two, but the blokes I found entering for this season’s Midwest Ice Races in North Wisconsin count on these exact weather conditions to make some serious winter wonderland magic – and I can’t get enough of it.

A report from OnlyInYourState tells us that the Midwest Ice Races – supported by the association of the same name (MIRA) – was initially created to bring “high-quality ice racing to the Northland.”

Think flat-track racing, but on ice (and all the riders bundled up to keep their schnozzes from freezing off in the cold).

A view of the Midwest Ice Races, held in Wisconsin and designed to combat winter bike blues.

Here at the Midwest Ice Races, everybody is welcome, the crowds are close and community-driven – and everybody is guaranteed a fun time.

“There’s a seven-race season that starts in January, with five of the races held in Superior – two are in Minnesota at Mille Lacs,” explains the report.

“The races include various classes, including everything [ages 4-50], from small minibike races for kids to high-performance motorcycle and quad races for adults. There are even races for side-by-side vehicles.”

Here’s a few extra deets of the schedules, and when you can expect them in your area:

2022 Midwest Ice Racing SCHEDULE​

January 8​

Appeldoorn’s Sunset Bay

January 15​

Allouez Bay: Superior, WI

January 22​

January 29​

Barkers Island: Superior, WI

(King of the Quads Event)

February 05​

Eddy’s Resort: Mille Lacs

February 12​

Barkers Island: Superior, WI

February 26​

Midwest Race Day SCHEDULE​

• Gates open @ 7 am
  • Practice from 8:30–9:30 am
  • Rider’s meeting @ 9:45 am
  • Racing starts @ 10 am

A view fo the Midwest Ice Races, held in Wisconsin and designed to combat winter bike blues.

In short, we’re writing this because if you ARE in the neighborhood, this event will be guaranteed to put a grin on your face – and everybody else’s that you bring to the event.

Who knows – you might even see one of us there, swinging a leg over or simply soaking up the cider and festivities.

For more information, be sure to head over to MIRA’s official webpage. Drop a comment you know we love to hear from you, and as always – stay safe on the twisties.

*All media courtesy of MIRA’s official webpage*

The post Wisconsin: Ice Bike Races Beat Winter Bike Blues appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Back