• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wont start

Is this a DCT? If so I think there are some posts about rocking the bike back and forth to get it into neutral. I'm heading out now so hope you can find threads on this if that is the issue. Good luck

With the key is switched on does the yellow Check Engine light (MIL) go off after a few seconds? If it does I'd make sure the jumper cables are making good connections and try again. You have a Neutral indicator light showing and with the start relay clicking this might indicate the battery is too discharged to close the relay. A known good battery should jump start it.

If the MIL stays on or blinks in combination with the shift indicator dash light it is indicating a diagnostic trouble code, DCT, which is decoded by the sequence of blinks of the shift indicator dash.

Last edited:
Nofeartotrek has posted in another post that
in this scenario, you can squeeze the front brake while
starting.
If that doesn't fix it, you need to take it to a dealer.

I came upon the owner (Phil) of the 2015 CTX DCT at a roadside park. I have a 2014 NC700 DCT. After chatting and admiring our bikes he attempted to start his bike. All we heard was the relay next to the battery clicking. I recognized that sound because I left my un-switched powered GPS on and ran my battery down a few weeks ago. The headlight was shinning and the green neutral indicator was on. We attempted to jump start using light weight jumper cables I keep on board. Phil thought it might be moisture in the sealed relay, me not so much. I thought it was something related to DCT being hung up, perhaps turned off the ignition before shifting to neutral. Phil removed his battery and recharged it. He reinstalled the battery and it started and ran fine. Apparently the cause of this "won't start" was low battery voltage. Thanks for the responses. Phil and I hope this will help others.
PS - he plans to join the AMA for the roadside assistance coverage.

I came upon the owner (Phil) of the 2015 CTX DCT at a roadside park. I have a 2014 NC700 DCT. After chatting and admiring our bikes he attempted to start his bike. All we heard was the relay next to the battery clicking. I recognized that sound because I left my un-switched powered GPS on and ran my battery down a few weeks ago. The headlight was shinning and the green neutral indicator was on. We attempted to jump start using light weight jumper cables I keep on board. Phil thought it might be moisture in the sealed relay, me not so much. I thought it was something related to DCT being hung up, perhaps turned off the ignition before shifting to neutral. Phil removed his battery and recharged it. He reinstalled the battery and it started and ran fine. Apparently the cause of this "won't start" was low battery voltage. Thanks for the responses. Phil and I hope this will help others.

Any ideas as to why the jumper cables did not help?

What about the possibility of a poor cable connection at the battery? Depending on how the jumpers were connected, it may still have failed to start. Removal and reinstallation of the battery meant the connections were redone properly. Bike starts now. Just a theory . .

In either case, low voltage supplied to the starter relay was the culprit.

Back