would u pay $1000 to avoid a skinned knee??

halfmt1

Reaction score
Visit site
What an experience, I'm sure alot of us older guys have many times that we look back on and can't believe we lived through them.
Out on the road, you can always tell the ones who have never been down, that's for sure!

frog13

Reaction score
Visit site
How about some firsthand pics? Lol

Right leg that I got to keep.

After bone graft taken from my femoral crest.

And the unlucky midget leg.

And my pelvis

Yeah, it was loads of fun for about a year. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TacomaJD........WTF.......wow!. Made my body ache just looking at the photos .

use2b

Reaction score
Visit site
No - I prefer the risk over discomfort and so far it has paid off. very few people use any kind of riding cloths in Florida =76 Deg today . during the summer i cruise the coast commando in baggy cargo shorts and T shirt , besides chic's dig scars ...

Jim Mc

Reaction score
Visit site
<snip>

. . . and just feels more free wearing little to no gear in the summer, and it is nice. I bundle up and wear more gear in the winter obviously.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
TacoomaJD, I'm a bit worried about you wearing the gear shown in your pictures. Maybe you can solve the issues you mentioned in other ways: modifying the windshield or buying another one, getting a flip-up helmet, and always wearing mesh pants, jacket, and good gloves. FWIW, I now looking for mesh pants (I managed to lose/misplace my old pair. I really am an idiot) and better gloves. Ride Safe, bro.

Symcity

Reaction score
Visit site
Purchase the best quality PPE that you can afford - personally I favour Rukka - Dainese - BMW - Shoei - Daytona - I’ve just bought a Halvarssons Walkyr laminate jacket priced 499 sterling - not quite the quality of Rukka but decent nonetheless 884ADF36-8CB8-4203-A80B-44E506D2943C.jpeg

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
Purchase the best quality PPE that you can afford ...
Agree 100%

I favor Klim, Rev’it and Dianese. I do like FirstGear, which is a mid-priced brand that, I believe, makes well designed gear but I upgrade the armor to CE Level 2.

I make it a point to give my unused armor to friends who buy gear that has “pads” instead of armor.

MZ5

Reaction score
Visit site
I think highly-protective gear is worthwhile.

—My jacket and recently-departed boots are CE Level 2 certified (Spidi). That’s the older, MUCH tougher standard.

—My helmet is a Snell-certified Arai.

—2 pairs of my gloves are tested against and passed the previous CE Level 2 standard (High Velocity Gear brand). My other gloves are certified under the new, junk CE standard.

—Only my pants aren’t certified, because I could only find leather that was certified to the old standard and leather is just terrible in my climate much of the year. So, my pants are Motoport, which I believe are the best alternative that work for me.

frog13

Reaction score
Visit site
Motoport is good stuff. The Autobahn testing is enough "certification " for me. Through the years of seeing other riders Motoport gear after an accident , another testimony of its quality / safety minded construction. Thank you Motoport for making such gear available and affordable.

Reactions: MZ5

Hank

Reaction score
Visit site
While riding off road one time on my drz 400 I hit a log in tall grass. The foot peg somehow smashed into my left ankle. I was wearing a very sturdy pair of dirt boots, fortunately. There was a deep gash in the hard TPU over my ankle. I look at that gash sometimes and think about my ankle.