• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wrapped NC750x color options

SacMoto916

Reaction score
Visit site
I was extremely lucky and just picked up a used 2022 NC750x Dct in Cali after hearing I was going to have to wait months for a new 2022 or 2023. Was wondering if anyone has ever wrapped there bike to alter/ customize the color?

I was extremely lucky and just picked up a used 2022 NC750x Dct in Cali after hearing I was going to have to wait months for a new 2022 or 2023. Was wondering if anyone has ever wrapped there bike to alter/ customize the color?
Lol, I just bought a 2015 NC700X after waiting seven months(!) for a 2022 model that turned into a 2023 model (with a $1100 price hike). I too was wondering about different colors. Some of those body panels are not too hard to remove, so taking one off and painting it a complimentary color shouldn't be too difficult... might help my black bike stand out on the road a bit more. Maybe a splash of orange, or would that be too much of a Halloween theme?

Maybe blue would be good for your red, white, and black bike. Or maybe adding colors would be too "busy".

It’s been many years since we had examples of people wrapping NCs, so those old posts are probably gone. For awhile, maybe 8-10 years ago, people were also into spraying panels with PlastiDip. - easy, cheap DIY but not very durable or lasting.

I am not fond of Honda’s limited, ordinary, and often bland motorcycle palette. I have painted an NC myself (10 pieces on a 2012), paid someone to paint another NC, and also had some pieces of my Zero motorcycle professionally painted. I have not attempted a wrap, but it’s my gut feeling that I will be happier with a proper paint job.

On the ‘21-‘23 models, after purchase repainting would also serve to increase the amount of color on the NC, since Honda has reduced the overall color content on the motorcycle. For example the tailpiece and front fender used to be color matched, but not anymore.

It’s been many years since we had examples of people wrapping NCs, so those old posts are probably gone. For awhile, maybe 8-10 years ago, people were also into spraying panels with PlastiDip. - easy, cheap DIY but not very durable or lasting.

I am not fond of Honda’s limited, ordinary, and often bland motorcycle palette. I have painted an NC myself (10 pieces on a 2012), paid someone to paint another NC, and also had some pieces of my Zero motorcycle professionally painted. I have not attempted a wrap, but it’s my gut feeling that I will be happier with a proper paint job.

On the ‘21-‘23 models, after purchase repainting would also serve to increase the amount of color on the NC, since Honda has reduced the overall color content on the motorcycle. For example the tailpiece and front fender used to be color matched, but not anymore.
Interesting you mentioned Plastidip. My co-worker was just recommending that to me yesterday. As of now I'm still investigating what direction I want to go in. The last thing I want to do is start something I regret starting and be down ride time.

Wow,
My son and I were just talking about this. I just purchased a '20 NC750X DCT in ALL BLACK and while it's pretty, and for the most part, completely flawless, I'm not a BLACK fan of todays world of automotive products like so many people are. Body, wheels, frame everthing is BLACK. But, we were talking of maybe removing the glossy black components and getting them painted a pearl white. Then, do something for those UGLY wheels. I'm estimating maybe around $1,500 for a total paint job with quality paint. We'll see.
Scott

Attachments

• IMG_6724.JPG
    IMG_6724.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
Wow,
My son and I were just talking about this. I just purchased a '20 NC750X DCT in ALL BLACK and while it's pretty, and for the most part, completely flawless, I'm not a BLACK fan of todays world of automotive products like so many people are. Body, wheels, frame everthing is BLACK. But, we were talking of maybe removing the glossy black components and getting them painted a pearl white. Then, do something for those UGLY wheels. I'm estimating maybe around $1,500 for a total paint job with quality paint. We'll see.
Scott
I wouldn’t hesitate to repaint an all black NC. Good luck with your project. Since white might be your thing, pictured is someone else‘s NC in the US that was painted white. Personally, I get away from all manner of black, white, and shades of grey, although I own a white Honda truck because it was the best of all the bad Honda paint offerings.

Most of my bikes have black rims but I find adding reflective rim stripes spices up the wheels at minimal cost.

2AAF580F-B707-4549-89F9-89643687AE02.jpeg

Last edited:
Back