• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

X vs XD

ST13Fred

Reaction score
Visit site
I was surprised there's only $800 difference. ABS, huge safety feature and DCT alone are worth that IMO for these 5-star upgrades.
Do you agree dduelin all the ST13 owners who crashed, stepped up to ABS on the replacement bikes? I chirped the rear in Marysville OH when a gray minivan crossed, appearing to be in their crosshairs.
Back in the day I ran much harder knowing I had ABS. Not too smart but luckily those days are behind me. elMO (my cub) has kept me a little more grounded, no pun intended.
But the DCT has increased the fun factor, and speed, so........still plusses.

When the NC700X was introduced to the U.S. market in 2012, the DCT/ABS option had a $2000 list price premium. As time went by that difference has shrunk, but not solely by reducing the DCT/ABS price, but by also raising the price of the manual model. Perhaps the manual was originally priced low for promotional reasons, and Honda originally thought the DCT might be such a hit that people would pay $2000 more for it, but over the years they shrunk that $2000 difference, maybe in hopes of selling a few more DCTs.

I remember when I was loooking to buy in 2012, I thought of maybe buying a DCT to get ABS, but didn't consider it worth the price difference at that time. I’m happy now that for me it had played out that way. No regrets buying the manual albeit without ABS.

Same here. I really wanted ABS, but it wasn’t worth $2k. I was highly intrigued by the DCT, but wasn’t sure. That plus a better-equipped base model that my dealer wanted to move made it easy.

In Canada, ABS is standard on all models of the NC750X.
DCT is an additional $1k CAD, or about $785 USD.

An NC750X DCT in Canada has an MSRP of $10399 CAD + $595 CAD for freight, PDI, and fees.
So our total MSRP including freight and setup is $10 994 CAD + taxes, or about $8625 USD + taxes.

In Canada, ABS is standard on all models of the NC750X.
DCT is an additional $1k CAD, or about $785 USD.

An NC750X DCT in Canada has an MSRP of $10399 CAD + $595 CAD for freight, PDI, and fees.
So our total MSRP including freight and setup is $10 994 CAD + taxes, or about $8625 USD + taxes.
I hope that the US will soon mandate ABS on all motorcycles, so American Honda will stop bundling ABS with DCT, and we could then buy a manual transmission NC with ABS in the States.

I remember now the price spread was much bigger back in 2012. Bundling ABS and DCT was a big slap in the face to the X; if it had feelings, would be very hurt. The X should have had ABS from the jump but still does not.

At 70+ I've reverted back to my childhood via the C125A, CT125, now the joy of a DCT ride and a gnarly beast Motus. 82 CB900F in black was my favorite, racking 120K miles. ST1300A best all round. 97 PC800 most practical. Nuff said.

They sell the manual version with ABS, as the XA. Just not in the USA. We're not the primary bike market anymore. Bah

Your right Janus. Europe, per capita is a much bigger bike market.
I believe the Canada X comes with ABS. The ST13 and NC and probably other models, arrived in the USA after Europe. Bikes there and Britain also have more varied color options on several models.

Back