• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Xelement

CorEnFa

Reaction score
Visit site
I figured I'd add to the vendor reviews section - they're always useful.

I purchased a pair of Xelement gauntlet style gloves with thinsulate liners. I bought them somewhat on a whim since I had gotten an e-mail from LeatherUp with a picture showing the pair. They were listed the price at $29. Considering that they were advertised as made with genuine leather (not a knock-off vinyl) and the reviews appeared to be pretty good, I pulled the trigger.

To my surprise, the gloves arrived only a couple days later and the quality was quite good. The stitching was top notch, the liners appeared both warm and easily removable for cleaning. The gauntlets are of a good length and the liners cinch up to keep your hands warm. In all, a very good purchase. The gloves, in combination with heated grips and barkbusters have kept me warm in 20 degree (f) 75MPH rides. They're also quite easy to get on and off regardless of temperature.

Based on that, I recently got another advert from LeatherUp.com offering 10% off leather jackets. Seeing some more Xelement products available at once again insanely cheap prices, I chose a jacket advertised as dark brown with cream colored stripes down the arm. The site indicates that they have padding in the back, shoulders and elbows as well as zip up pockets.

The purchase price of the jacket, after 10% discount, was around $135. It shipped for free and arrived within 4 days after ordering. I ordered the large even though I normally fit a medium. The sizing chart for the jackets made absolutely no sense, so I worked off the assumption that I should go a little big to accomodate layers. The jacket, as advertised, included good padding for the back, elbows, and shoulders and proper zips for all pockets and main zip. (YKK brand, rugged zippers).

The leather quality is good. It's a heavy grain leather with that "fresh" leather smell. The color is basically black with light brown distress marks that look pretty nice. The liner is removable and respectably warm. The sleeves are long enough for protection and unzip to make way for gloves. The choice to go with large was likely good. While it is too big on me, it doesn't swallow me and still has room for a fleece jacket under it for extra cold rides. For reference - I'm 5'10" and 160lbs - 40R jacket size and 34" waste.

I took the jacket out for a nice, cold ride today (30 degrees F) and while I wasn't toasty warm, I certainly wasn't particularly cold either. My only gear otherwise was a pair of jeans, leather boots, the aforementioned gloves, and a balaclava. No heated grips or seat.

Overall, I'm quite impressed by the quality of these budget priced leather pieces. They seem to only sell through LeatherUp.com - or at least that's the only place I could find them. However, both the web retailer and the manufacturer have exceeded expectations. I would not hesitate to purchase Xelement gear from these guys again and would heartily recommend them to others.

Cheers -
J.

They'll be coming soon.
I can't wear the left glove at the moment due to a casted left arm... :-(
The jacket pics will be coming for sure.

I have a Xelement mess jacket that I have had for about 4 years and love it.
I bought 2 pairs of there so called " Waterproof " boots for our Alaska trip.And on day 1 we rode in rain for 7 hours and within the first 1/2 hour both pairs of boots ( 2 different styles ) had so much water in them that we stopped and poured the water OUT of the boots.It was a 23 day trip so we had to keep useing them,they worked ok the rest of the way since it was hot and dry.I know they were cheapo boots,$79 a pair BUT they were advertised as " WATERPROOF".....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Xelement mess jacket that I have had for about 4 years and love it.
I bought 2 pairs of there so called " Waterproof " boots for our Alaska trip.And on day 1 we rode in rain for 7 hours and within the first 1/2 hour both pairs of boots ( 2 different styles ) had so much water in them that we stopped and poured the water OUT of the boots.It was a 23 day trip so we had to keep useing them,they worked ok the rest of the way since it was hot and dry.I know they were cheapo boots,$79 a pair BUT they were advertised as " WATERPROOF".....
9.jpg

I agree 100% with you. I have purchased a number of so called waterproof boots over the years, and none have been waterproof, don't care what the cost was.

smileyboots.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I agree 100% with you. I have purchased a number of so called waterproof boots over the years, and none have been waterproof, don't care what the cost was.

I remember starting a ride from St Louis (heading to Raleigh NC) in the middle of a tropical storm. I had a relatively new pair of boots that I wasn't sure if they were waterproof or not. So I tossed the rubber overshoes into the trunk and headed out. 300 miles later I stopped to eat lunch and spent about 20 minutes drying out my socks and boots with the hand dryers in the local McDonnalds (the dryers eventually overheat and the safety kicks them off until they cool down). I still don't know if these boots were SUPPOSED to be waterproof, but it was around the 200 mile point that I felt the water soaking through.

Moral of the story is: Always remember McDonnalds has hand dryers that you can use to dry out your wet gear. You will need at least 2 of them to get things 80% dry before they overheat on you and kick off pending cooldown.

Attachments

• smileysnorkle.jpg
    smileysnorkle.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 140
I have waterproof boots that work (SIDI), but they get so hot during the summers in Florida that I don't like to wear them. I could stand in buckets of water and it won't seep in. So, I usually wear my Justins and bring along rain boot covers with my rain suit for those heavy rain days. I hate to put all that crap on but it works and my boots stay dry.

I have a pair of TCX Infinity boots that have been in numerous storms and day long downpours that have proven to be waterproof. The crotch of my riding pants...not so much...;)

I ride in rain,everyday 6-8 months a year here in Seattle.I don't think most boot makers make them for that much rain. !!!!.

I have Joe Rocket Meteor boots. Waterproof when new but started leaking after awhile. Silicone boot spray from Walmart and they are waterproof again.
0.jpg

The wonders of silicone. I have my entire bike silicone, Yamaha watercraft silicone. By the way, silicone does not work in salt water. So, don't use it as a gasket sealant on boat going into salt water. Had a customer who did that once, straight to the bottom he went, lots of leaks everywhere.

smileymelting.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I covered my last pair of "waterproof" BILT boots with Bed Liner and it did work but looked like hell !!.

Back