• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Y-Splitter for Brake/Tail Light 2021 NC750xd

The Phoenix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the process of adding rear lights to add visibility to my 2021 NC750xd.
I first looked at the connectors on Eastern Beaver for the NC750/700 bikes but eventually sent pictures of the harness/brake_tail light connections to the company.
After doing so I was told that the Y-splitter for the rear brake/tail light harness was the one listed under the CRF1100/1000 'Other Products' page, in other words the 2021 NC750xd Y-splitter is using that of the CRF1100/1000.
Just in case anyone is looking for a Y-splitter for their brake/tail light connection click on Eastern Beaver and it will take you to the website page.

Attachments

• Y-Splitter.jpg
    Y-Splitter.jpg
    21.7 MB · Views: 53
  • Y-Splitter to Wiring Harness.jpg
    Y-Splitter to Wiring Harness.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • Y-Splitter to Brake_Tail Light.jpg
    Y-Splitter to Brake_Tail Light.jpg
    16.8 MB · Views: 45
  • Y-Splitter connected.jpg
    Y-Splitter connected.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
Thanks for sharing that. Look forward to seeing your final product. I'd like to do the same especially as I add a top box. Take some picture or video of the final result.

Gladly. It's certainly not much compared to everything I have learned and help I received from other members of the forum in the short time that I have been a member. In about a week or two I will post the pictures I took from adding accessories and fixing the left pivot cover on the bike (thank-you again to TNHoosier for helping me to identify the part).

That sure looks neat and tidy. Thanks for sharing.

Thank-you for your kind comments.
I thought since I was testing the connections this afternoon I would post additional pictures and information.
I connected the Y-splitter to a denali pigtail using posi-taps to make sure all my connections worked before putting things back together.
For those of you using the Eastern Beaver Y-splitter you will have 3 wires - Black (ground), Blue (tail light/running light) and Red (Brake Light).
You will have to click on the running lights and brake lights photos below as all you can see from the thumbnails are the squares I placed to cover the license plate information.
Just fyi the lights in the back are Denali 6 LED driving light/brake lights

Attachments

• Brake Lights.jpg
    Brake Lights.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Running Lights.jpg
    Running Lights.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Posi-tap connections to Y-splitter.jpg
    Posi-tap connections to Y-splitter.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 55
I'm in the process of adding rear lights to add visibility to my 2021 NC750xd.
I first looked at the connectors on Eastern Beaver for the NC750/700 bikes but eventually sent pictures of the harness/brake_tail light connections to the company.
After doing so I was told that the Y-splitter for the rear brake/tail light harness was the one listed under the CRF1100/1000 'Other Products' page, in other words the 2021 NC750xd Y-splitter is using that of the CRF1100/1000.
Just in case anyone is looking for a Y-splitter for their brake/tail light connection click on Eastern Beaver and it will take you to the website page.
Thanks for the link!

I have a 2015, so I purchased the one on the NC700 page. This is much easier than making my own adapter.

I wanted to follow up on some of the work I did since my last post and share my experiences and photos and references in the hope that some may find it of help.
I'll begin with the attachment of the brake_tail light Y-connector in preparation to add Denali B6 rear lights.
Open the frunk and remove the 5 push pins carefully so you do not lose any of them. You'll see the battery and fuse box. Remove the negative terminal wires (blue on the right side) to prevent any potential electrical issues while working (10 mm bolt). Remove the front seat by removing each bolt on either side of the seat (10mm bolt) and slide it backwards slowly.
For the next few steps for some reason I didn't take pictures but you can reference any diagrams that are typically found on powersports websites that sell parts (sorry).
Remove the passenger seat by removing the 3 nuts and collars that attaches it to the hinge. For some you might get lucky and be able to reach inbetween the seat hinge and open the 3P (black) clip in the back of the brake_tail light.
If not you should continue to remove the left and right grab rails, and then the rear cowl.
Once you remove the rear cowl you should be able to unclip the 3P clip in the back of the brake_tail light you should be able to connect (in this case) the Eastern Beaver Y-connector.
You then match the three wires from the Y-connector to existing wire schematic of the brake_tail light - Black (ground), Blue (tail light/running light) and Red (Brake Light) to the application you are going to use it.
I posi-tapped the Y-connector wires to (in my case) the Denali B6 wiring to test the circuits before making anything permanent.

Attachments

• Posi-tap connections to Y-splitter.jpg
    Posi-tap connections to Y-splitter.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 30
  • Electrical brake tail light 3 p (black) connector.jpg
    Electrical brake tail light 3 p (black) connector.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Eastern Beaver Y-connector.jpg
    Eastern Beaver Y-connector.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
  • Under side of riders seat showing part that goes under metal to secure.jpg
    Under side of riders seat showing part that goes under metal to secure.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
  • Riders Seat secured by 1 bolt on either side.jpg
    Riders Seat secured by 1 bolt on either side.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 28
  • Battery and fuse box after opening frunk hatch.jpg
    Battery and fuse box after opening frunk hatch.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 30
  • Frunk battery hatch.jpg
    Frunk battery hatch.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 29
Attaching Denali B6 lights.
Previously the circuit was tested with posi-taps and after the wiring is found to be appropriate and the lights worked you should consider how to best secure the wiring.
The B6 lights come with their own bracket and bolt to either side of the license plate. Each light has a significant amount of wire. Initially I chose to drill a small hole in the fender and used a Denali pigtail posi-tapped to thee Y-connector which I kept within the fender. I taped the wires and brought them through the small hole and connected it to a Denali Y-connector to both lights. I planned to place the B6 excess wire within an area under the fender and then cover it with Flexseal 3"x4" strips and then cover the wires up the fender and including the hole I drilled. At least in my experience the Flexseal strips did not stick to the underside of the fender nor the underside of the fender after 3 attempts.
What did work for me is that (1) I shortened the length of the Eastern Beaver Y-connector to the lights; (2) unraveled with wiring of the B6 lights and brought the connectors into the fender. (3) I had to enlarge the original hole in the fender in order to get the Denali connectors through and used the Denali Y-connector inside of the fender. (4) I used metal clamps (they are like metal paper clips) to secure the B6 wires to the plastic matrix underneath the fender and removed the part of the clamps that open them. The wiring is very secure and I moved any excess wiring into the fender. I'm going to close the small hole in the fender with black polyurethane sealant for roof and flashing that I used when removing my satellite dish many years ago. The result for me is having bright driving and brake lights in the back of the 750.
Depending upon what you may be connecting (i.e. top box) that you may route your wiring differently but I hope that my sharing has given others some information that might help them should they undertake their own projects.

Attachments

• Denali pigtail coming through hole in the fender.jpg
    Denali pigtail coming through hole in the fender.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • Denali Rear Light wiring tied to be placed within the rear fender.jpg
    Denali Rear Light wiring tied to be placed within the rear fender.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
  • Small Hole Drilled in the rear fender.jpg
    Small Hole Drilled in the rear fender.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 29
  • NC750 BR6 lights.png
    NC750 BR6 lights.png
    10.4 MB · Views: 33
  • Wires clipped to fender matrix.jpg
    Wires clipped to fender matrix.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 31
Looking really good and would love to do this especially since I just added my Shad SH58X top case. But this would far exceed my capabilities. Maybe you need to offer drop in service now that you know what you are doing. I'd come visit you ;) This is probably more my level of ability: BRAKE FREE Helmet light

Looking really good and would love to do this especially since I just added my Shad SH58X top case. But this would far exceed my capabilities. Maybe you need to offer drop in service now that you know what you are doing. I'd come visit you ;) This is probably more my level of ability: BRAKE FREE Helmet light
Thanks for your kind comments denstl.

Back