• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Year/color availability for the NC750X

FIRE UP

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Folks,
Kind-a new here and just wondering. In my search for an NC750X DCT in both Craigslist, Cycle trader and youtube, I ran across some red ones, some blue ones, some black ones and maybe even an orange one or two. May I ask, does anyone have a site that can be linked here or a list of some sort that shows what the color availability might be for any given year of NC? And of course, if there were more than one color available for a given year, that would be very much appreciated too. It would be interesting to not only me but maybe others that might want a specific color.
Scott

Hi Fire UP. From your bio it looks like you are in the USA. I mention this because different markets get different colors in different years. Here in the USA one has recently had the choice of 1 color only, i.e. no choice. The 2023 model is Blue, my 2022 model was red. Previous to that I know there was a silver model but I'm not sure of the year. A quick sleuth around cycle trader et al and you will be able put the model year with the color for older bikes.

Yep, as GLC wrote, be wary of colors you might see that were never available in the US. The US only ever got two shades of blue, two shades of red, a grey, and black. If you saw orange, it was not a stock color, although I sold my orange one so maybe it’s still out there. My current NC is green, again not a stock color.

Hey gang,
First yep, I'm definitely a US of A being. Born and raised in San Diego, 30 years on San Diego Fire Department and now reside in lake Havasu City AZ. Second, I thank all of you for your help here. As for the "orange" color, that could have easily been a version of RED but, depending on the quality of computer screen and how things are displayed and or adjusted, a Red could easily be displayed as a version of orange. Over on the Yamaha TW200 forum, someone put together a thread displaying all the years and colors of the infamous Yamaha TW. They've been making and selling that little tractor bike for over 33 years now. What a crackup. I've got an '07 and it runs like a little sewing machine.

Anyway, thanks again for the help here. I just returned home with my newly purchased new to me ALL BLACK NC750X DCT. While black does have a certain beauty on and in many occasions, I certainly DON'T prefer it in or on my motorcycles. So, while this bike is flawless, there may be some plans for altering the main body panel color. Only had it a few days so, for now, I'll just enjoy riding it. Thanks again so much.
Scott

Attachments

• IMG_6724.JPG
    IMG_6724.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 7
Ok Gang,
Did about 5 minutes worth of research and found this. It's a site that shows touch-up paint for NC's and specifically, the NC750X. Not that that is any real difference. But anyway, if ALL THOSE COLORS are or were available, it's phenomenally AMAZING that we here in the U.S. are privy to such a limited selection. For the life of me, I cannot figure out WHY that would be the case. I mean, aren't all the NC's made on the same assembly line? There may be some slight operational differences in engine and or emissions ops but COLOR? Or could it be there is actual body panel/fairing-inner outer or any part there of, that's actually different in Canadian or European versions? If you take a look at this website, it is labled as colors available for the NC750X. There's even THREE VERSIONS OF WHITE!!!!!!!!
Scott

Ok Gang,
Did about 5 minutes worth of research and found this. It's a site that shows touch-up paint for NC's and specifically, the NC750X. Not that that is any real difference. But anyway, if ALL THOSE COLORS are or were available, it's phenomenally AMAZING that we here in the U.S. are privy to such a limited selection. For the life of me, I cannot figure out WHY that would be the case. I mean, aren't all the NC's made on the same assembly line? There may be some slight operational differences in engine and or emissions ops but COLOR? Or could it be there is actual body panel/fairing-inner outer or any part there of, that's actually different in Canadian or European versions? If you take a look at this website, it is labled as colors available for the NC750X. There's even THREE VERSIONS OF WHITE!!!!!!!!
Scott
I can tell you why I think the NC color palette in the USA is so limited. The NC is not a popular model in the US. Knowing this, I suspect, American Honda imports a low number of units in limited flavors, meaning limited color choice in play-it-safe colors that won’t languish on the showroom floors waiting for that special buyer. If a dealer buys a colorful NC and puts it on the floor, they run the risk of not finding the right buyer for the non-mainstream color here in the US. For Honda this usually means sticking to red, grey, and black for safety. While in some years Europe had 4 color (colour) choices, the US usually got only one.

Additionally, when the NC was launched 2012, there were actually three models based on the platform: the X, S, and Integra. American Honda imported only one of those 3 to the US, again I suspect it’s because this platform is relatively unpopular in the US.

I suspect American Honda’s faith in the NC for this US market may be dwindling further. For 2023, even though some other country markets get two transmission choices, the US now gets only one transmission choice, and as usual, one color choice.

Colorrite.com also sells NC touchup paint and lists color codes, but sometimes their model coverage information is incomplete.

Iirc years ago they did a marketing survey in the US and the top 3 flavors for perspective buyers were red, black and silver in that order

Iirc years ago they did a marketing survey in the US and the top 3 flavors for perspective buyers were red, black and silver in that order
Observation of any parking lot or busy road would seem to support those survey results.

Ya know,
I'm no Harley fan at all, never have been, never will be. But, one thing I can say for Harleys is, they DO supply many different colors for just about all their models.

"
Observation of any parking lot or busy road would seem to support those survey results."

I just sold my 2018 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT and it was the red, white and blue model. That was one BEAUTIFUL BIKE! I continuously received comments at intersections while waiting for lights to change and people were next to me, parking lots, parked in front of store fronts and more. I loved the looks of that bike.
Scott

Back