• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Yikes! a TRIKE

OIdJIM

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, let’s look at the first NC750x DCT TOWPAC GO KIT Trike. Called TOWPAC Inc a few weeks ago and asked if they had a trike kit for a 2020 NC750x DCT. No, but they would build one for me, and they did and now it is on the bike. The folks at TOWPAC are easy to talk to, especially Jeremy the service/design guy. Cost for a GO KIT was $2200 owner installed.

I know that most of you young guys would never do this and I can understand. Two wheels is the real moto experience. But some of us old guys need the extra support so we won’t fall over. The demon with me is arthritis. This is my 2nd TOWPAC on a bike. First was a TOWPAC Insta-Trike on my 89 Kawasaki Voyager. Now that bike was heavy, but with the trike it was as easy as driving a lawn mower. I experienced heavy steering (remember old man at the helm) with that bike, but it worked for me.

The GO KIT on the NC750x steers much easier and lighter than the Voyager, but with any front wheel trike it is quick and really lets you turn on the proverbial dime. Not much or no lean angle but still goes around curves OK,

When I first put it on, I found that it drove rougher than a cob. Apparently, the bikes suspension was overridden by the two outrigger wheels. With some thought, I re-did the set up to adjust the Trike’s wheels so that they kissed the ground less and let the Honda sit lower and engage its suspension.

At some point I am going to write up a procedure for that. At this point, I am very satisfied with my Trike. I also have a Spyder that my wife can ride, but now she wants to try the Honda Trike. As you may ask, how do the two compare? Well, there is no more comfortable and stable Trike than the Spyder, but it isn’t a NC750x.

Oldjim

Attachments

• trike 1.jpg
    trike 1.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 102
  • trike 3.jpg
    trike 3.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 102
  • trike 2.jpg
    trike 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
That’s very nice! Thanks for sharing. My wife is hinting at wanting to trike her scooter, so maybe Tow-Pac could help.

So it’s a “trike“ with four wheels, but I get it.

My first thought is that a side car would have been more functional and serve the same purpose.
BUT, I'm glad you can keep on rolling. At 65 y.o. , I just traded in my BMW R1200GSA on a 2020 NC700XD. That BMW was too heavy and cumbersome for 90% of my riding.
Loving the NC!

That actually is the best Trike I’ve seen. Spiders are ok and everything else seems to be a Harley. Now I have goals when it gets time for me to stop on 2 wheels!

I've seen three wheelers and sidecars, but never a quadricycle. Nice

Keep riding, keep having fun!

I've seen three wheelers and sidecars, but never a quadricycle. Nice

Keep riding, keep having fun!
There was a trike company (Hannigan, I believe) that did two front wheel (reverse trike) or two back wheel trike conversions for Goldwing 1800s. They also made a few with both conversions, front and rear, to make a quad. I actually rode one of these like in the attached photo while at a Wingding rally. I'm not a fan of quad ATVs, but this quad Goldwing actually rode pretty nice. It was better than a rear conversion trike because it had 2 tracks instead of 3, and with the wide front end it didn't push the front in turns like a rear trike. (BTW, we're talking big $$$ here.)

2014-Honda.jpg

Spyders and Rykers are better than trike conversions because the machine is designed from the ground up to be a three wheeler. Handling and safety are much better on a Spyder or Ryker than a trike built from a conversion kit.

I dislike non-leaning trike's in general, but if I had to go that route, I would definitely go with two front wheels, not two rear wheels. The steering traction and handling are much better with two fronts. Going a step further, I would actually go with the leaning two front wheel kit from tiltingmotorworks long before I would do a non-leaning trike.

leaning.jpg

On the subject of motorcyclist-type trikes, www.arcimoto.com has begun to produce all-electric trikes. I've been following them for a few years. Interestingly, they just bought tilting motor works. How that works for them remains to be seen. I can't imagine having a large electric motor as unsprung weight. Hopefully, this doesn't affect TMW's regular business.

Attachments

• arcimoto-evergreen-fuv.jpg
    arcimoto-evergreen-fuv.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back