• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night, leaving work was a dream. Weather was perfect. Went to Barrett Bar for the LouVin bike night. Rode into work today. Much dryer and clear. Was a great ride in. Tonight should be another excellent night to ride. And this is my Friday!

Hey gang! New NC owner, second week of owning my used '12 NCX.

Took my awesome gf to an appointment last night and we were noticing the much talked about chain whine. As today was a rare day off for me, I shot over to Cyclegear to exchange the new Bluetooth helmet I had purchased for a different style and size. That mission accomplished, I also snagged a can of DuPont chain wax and a Trackside stand. (the stand is magnificent btw, and currently half price at $60).

Got everything home and propped up the bike (after warming the chain around the block a few times), pickled the chain and waxed it. While I waited for that to dry, I threw in the Tusk risers that arrived while I was out. Previous owner was a twenty something and replaced the stock bars with some weirdly curved and lower Renthals. (I guess his young back and spine can handle that riding position, mine, not so much). The risers and a slight 1" roll back toward the rear seem to have done the trick and this is a muuuuuch more comfortable ride for me now. I'm 6'1" and 205.

Whole project had me up on the rack for 45 minutes then I was off for a pleasure ride around Redrock Nat'l Park. Of course you know, one MUST test all things done, no matter how small..... chain whine gone, riding position fixed..... life is good!

It escaped the garage!

After the weeks of the bike hiding in the garage from the snow I am going to ride it to work tomorrow, finally a nice (enough) day. Got it out and parked it up by the gate, just as sunset.

NC700X Sunset (Medium).jpg

Did he clutch one too many hurricanes? :p

Woke up about 6AM with some noise outside my tent. It was OCR having just arrived and setting up his tent. Got the clutch parts after lunch in Barton Rouge yesterday. Got it together and hit the road at 5:00 PM. My GPS says over 800 miles here from Baton Rouge. With the clutch repair and late start in my book he did an Iron Butt yesterday. Things can happen to slow OCR down but nothing is going to stop him from getting to his destination.

Helped him set up his tent so he could go to bed and headed for a Panera Bread breakfast. Not sure when I will see him today.

Just show up at Bike Week in Daytona. Most are done from the back side of the Motor Speedway. Group rides. They do let you give the bikes a bit of a workout and cops tend to look the other way. Passed a cop doing 75mph on 45 mph road behind airport. Got up to 85 on freeway.

Pretty much everyone but Honda offers test rides.

Parked it for a couple hours to do some teat rides at Daytona. Tried Vulcan Classic, FJ09 and Indian Scout. All good rides but nothing to make me sell my NC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just took a test sit on the fj09 sat,nice looking bike.I also took a look at the Vulcan classic,would like to know your thoughts on both when you get time.

guys, I was referrying to Fuzzy posting he went for a 'teat' ride; I know it was a typo, but I was trying to be funny. Teat is another word for women's mammary glands....

I got my NC700 stuck in the mud. I have a small slope in my yard that goes from my driveway up to my deck, and several attempts to go 15 feet uphill progressively made the ruts deeper and deeper and decorated my bike with about 10 lbs. of mud. Here's a picture of the bike after my first attempt. It got much worse.

IMG_2156.jpg

I'll be picking up a couple dozen pavers to make a path. Meanwhile the bike is parked under a wood shed down it the yard.

At least I got out ok and did about 30 miles on back roads. It was only my third ride this year. Bike did great on drier ground and I am starting to like it a lot. Initial reservations about engine power has slowly melted away.

IMG_2153.jpg

Finally, cutting down my Honda Tall Windscreen 4" did not solve the wind noise. I'm in clean air when I lean to either side on the windscreen or sit up as high as I can, but sitting normally is a very noisy affair. If the screen tilted back more I think I'd be fine. Any suggestions?

windscreen mod.jpg

Last edited:
Don't waste too much effort trying intermediate size windscreens. Either take the screen off for clean air, or go with a full size screen like a Madstad, National Cycle, etc.

The mirrors don't seem to cause any problems for me. Yesterday I would lean to one side then the other, pretty much directly behind the mirrors, and the buffeting went away. As soon as I straightened out, the whipping flag noise returned.

I went through a couple windscreens on my CB1100 due to wind noise and should have done better research on the NC700 before going with the Honda tall screen. After the Madstad was mentioned, I spent an hour reading the info on this forum, the Madstad site, and some independent reviews. I'm very anxious to try it.

(and if anyone if interested in a modified Honda windscreen, I'll sell it for $60 shipped. It might work better for you - I'm 6'1", 31" inseam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back