• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing exciting today. Rode into work so I could ride home in the better weather. When I got home, went ahead and rinsed her off. Took another ride to dry her off!

Changed the rear tire today. Got almost 9k miles out of the rear Shinko 705. Front is staying on for now as it still has plenty of tread left.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Installed the Honda 12v Accessory socket and, while the plastic was off, connected the Acerbis Dual Road LEDs (see pic). Also ordered the 3-way Hyper-lites for the rear and am considering the Hyper-whites for the front as well. Hopefully the lights on the handguards will hold up. I've noticed that there is a lot of vibration (flexing) of the guards while riding since they are only mounted to the bar ends. I like the extra lighting they provide for visability. I also like that when the blinker is on that the LEDs shut off (not both of them, just the blinking side ... pretty cool).

Now if I could rant, I would tell you that I absolutely do not like (just short of hate) working with the plastics. I did not get the top front plastics (the one where the turn signal is mounted) snapped in good around the headlight area. It ain't going anywhere any time soon, but it's going to drive me crazy that it's not right. I messed with it for too long and just gave up on getting it right. Sometime in the near future I'll pull it all off and try to get it right. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this "frustration-free" will be appreciated.

I'll end on a positive note ... It's a BEAUTIFUL DAY in ARKANSAS, USA!

2015_NC700X_Handguards.jpg

CB4ME,
Did you sell your cut down Honda Touring windshield? That is the top photo?
The new screen has an interesting shape and look. What size of Madstad is that? How does it do re-directing the wind flow and noise?
Keep us posted on your evaluation of the new screen.
PCG

CB4ME,
The new screen has an interesting shape and look. What size of Madstad is that? How does it do re-directing the wind flow and noise?
PCG

I haven't sold the cut down Honda windscreen in the top photo but I can post it in the for sale section. I was thinking $60. It has less than 100 miles on it and no bugs (a cold weather blessing).

I purchased the Madstad SportSD 18" clear for $286 shipped. It would have arrived in 6 days but UPS didn't want to come down my snow covered driveway. The Madstad came with side deflectors which I may or may not keep on the bike.

It's supposed to be above 40 degrees tomorrow so I'll give it a test and report back.

I'm not sure if I like the look of the shield and would have preferred a little more taper towards the top. But that shield is 5mm thick with a beautiful polished finished edge and is too nice to modify. (The Honda windscreen has a matte finish edge - easy to duplicate with an orbital sander and very fine sandpaper).

I feel your pain,sorry to hear this.

Thank you so much. I am so excited cause I will go to the service today to see if everything is fine. My worry is I had to ride it almost 100 km after the low oil pressure indicator came on and when we removed the crankcase, the remained oil was lest than half liter. Before parking, I noticed that the sound of the engine began to change. Anyway, I am trying to think positive :)

Take Care

hope every thing turns out alright for you.
is the bike still under warranty?

Yes it is but I am not planning to solve the problem with original service cause their approach is to change the part for a single scratch and it costs almost double. So I transported it to my friend's garage. The damage is more than I expected. There is a clanking noise as if piston knocking when you throttle and best estimation is piston bearing damaged.Worst scenario is rod damage. Probably I will be informed about the damage tomorrow :( Anyway, one week more without my bike :( and will be prison in a moving cage.

CB4ME,
PCG

UPDATE: I sold that windscreen and did a test ride today.

Other than it's somewhat ungainly appearance, the Madstad is absolutely great and works exactly as advertised. A couple minor quirks: 1) light from the headlight illuminates the screen's top edge and reflects a tiny bit of light at the bottom just above the mounting plate. Could be a distraction at night. I'm sure there's an easy fix for it, just don't know what yet. And 2), like others have said, there is a mysterious little breeze that hits the chin from below.

Neither quirk takes away from the excellent wind protection and quiet ride (Damn engine can be noisy though ;) ).

I'm at max low height and want to try and lower the windscreen another inch or so. From today's testing it shouldn't impact function but should help in the looks department.

There threads where people describe painting the bottom portion of the screen for the headlight reflection and using a magic marker on the screen edge for that light.

Yes it is but I am not planning to solve the problem with original service cause their approach is to change the part for a single scratch and it costs almost double. So I transported it to my friend's garage. The damage is more than I expected. There is a clanking noise as if piston knocking when you throttle and best estimation is piston bearing damaged.Worst scenario is rod damage. Probably I will be informed about the damage tomorrow :( Anyway, one week more without my bike :( and will be prison in a moving cage.

:eek: Auugh! Dude, that sucks :(

What was the cause of the oil leak, do you know?

If your bike is still under warranty, (and the problem wasn't your fault) doesn't such big damage pretty much mean you have to, and want to, take it back so they will repair it with no charge to you?

Best of luck, and please keep us up to date with how it goes!

Added 2" Rox Risers using Josh's photos as a guide to moving the cables. I'm very pleased with the results so far, a much more comfortable posture. Next up, cleaning the air filter and getting the windscreen buffed clear.

Other than it's somewhat ungainly appearance, the Madstad is absolutely great and works exactly as advertised. A couple minor quirks: 1) light from the headlight illuminates the screen's top edge and reflects a tiny bit of light at the bottom just above the mounting plate. Could be a distraction at night. I'm sure there's an easy fix for it, just don't know what yet. And 2), like others have said, there is a mysterious little breeze that hits the chin from below.

Neither quirk takes away from the excellent wind protection and quiet ride (Damn engine can be noisy though ;) ).

I'm at max low height and want to try and lower the windscreen another inch or so. From today's testing it shouldn't impact function but should help in the looks department.

I'm about to lower my Madstad about an inch and a half. At its lowest setting right now it is just a little too high.

the angle made a huge difference for me, keeping the screen at the stock lowest setting, i found that 55 degree was the quietest, compared to 60 degree. there is many phone apps that you can download to measure the angle

the angle made a huge difference for me, keeping the screen at the stock lowest setting, i found that 55 degree was the quietest, compared to 60 degree. there is many phone apps that you can download to measure the angle

What size shield did you get and how tall are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back