• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

I pulled the trigger on a Road 6 front today. That $10 coupon pushed me over the edge. I am hoping for a little more mileage out of the 6 over the 5 I am currently using. Traditionally I am getting less distance out of the fronts than the rears. This will be my fourth front tire. Current mileage on the front 5 is 23k km/ 14k miles.

Day 103.. another ride to watch grandson #2 play ball. 95 miles @ 84 degrees and sunny

also flipped another K on my 21 DCT

Bk2bZU4h.jpg

Installed (cheap) auxiliary lights via a Thunderbox in the frunk. I would have preferred to hide the Thunderbox in the battery compartment, but it's crowded back there. Had to create passthrough at the battery cover, alas.
View attachment 54008

View attachment 54009
@genespleen I was able to hide my thunderbox next to the fuse box by removing the fuse box cover. But, it's still pretty crowded wire wise. Just an idea if you wanted to give it a try!

Installed (cheap) auxiliary lights via a Thunderbox in the frunk. I would have preferred to hide the Thunderbox in the battery compartment, but it's crowded back there. Had to create passthrough at the battery cover, alas.
View attachment 54008

View attachment 54009
@genespleen I was able to hide my thunderbox next to the fuse box by removing the fuse box cover. But, it's still pretty crowded wire wise. Just an idea if you wanted to give it a try!
1000005780.jpg

Met up with a Facebook group if riders and we rode to the Leesburg bikefest. We had a nice spirited ride (they had to wait for me at one crossroad turn because a 52hp bike cannot keep up with bikes with 100+ hp (they like to go really fast on cr225). After that there was a lot of traffic on us27 and us301.
IMG_20240428_124624.jpg

There are plenty of tire debates and recommendations in the TireTechTalk subforum. But since you mention the 009 Raven, I’ll say here that they are my go-to NC tire. I have run through about 8 different tires/brands, and now at 67,000 NC miles, from here on out the Ravens will be my default tire on the NC. The front gets excellent tread life, although I wish the rear would last longer. My problem is I ride too many straight, flat roads, so the rear center gets eaten away. Not all riders will agree on the Raven choice; it’s just my choice.

I mount and balance my own tires, too. Tires are ordered on-line, with free shipping and often no sales tax collected.
Also just installed a set of Shinko 009 Ravens, easy to mount with minimal balancing weight. Previously been using various Z... Metzlers. This is about my 6-7 set of tires at about 32K miles.
2012 NCX

Day 106.. Mrs Ferret took her first ride of the year with me on her X Max 300. We stopped for lunch at a restaurant in the next town east before circling back to home. 57 miles @ 80 degrees and sunny.
That is awesome that she’s come out of two wheel hibernation! Sounds like a nice day!

Was looking thru my records for the NC and realized after 3 years with the current chain, I had never cleaned it, only sprayed with a lithium chain lube. Got an old soft toothbrush, some diesel, and cleaned the chain. Used rag to get the diesel off and resprayed with lithium chain lube. Found no kinks and no adjustment necessary. I hate cleaning chains, while I was at it, cleaned the chain on the little KLX 250sf.

Was looking thru my records for the NC and realized after 3 years with the current chain, I had never cleaned it, only sprayed with a lithium chain lube. Got an old soft toothbrush, some diesel, and cleaned the chain. Used rag to get the diesel off and resprayed with lithium chain lube. Found no kinks and no adjustment necessary. I hate cleaning chains, while I was at it, cleaned the chain on the little KLX 250sf.
On my current chain I am doing an intentional no clean test.

I also have abandoned traditional chain spraying for now. On my new chain installed maybe 300 miles ago, I sprayed some lube into a shop towel and rain the chain thru it. Just enough to keep the side plates clean. Will see how it goes.

Day 108..they were predicting rain at 9AM, so I was on the road at 8 AM. It's now almost noon and haven't seen a drop. They are still calling for 90% chance of rain at noon. We'll see. I may get out for a second ride today as I have some errands I need to run and rather do it on the bike than in the cage. Anyhow 41 miles this morning at 65 degrees and overcast.

Back