• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone have any pics of their NC700 packed with camping gear?

I am thinking of doing a long trip and wondered if anyone has packed a lot of stuff on their bike yet. I am debating whether to pack my bike up and camp or just find friends to stay with along the way.

you have to define 'long trip' first.

1+153+copy.jpg

packed for few days of camping for one. camping tent, mat,some food+lot of water in top tank, photo\video equipment takes all frunk room, sleeping bag,some tools etc

Be careful, the engine will generate a lot of heat and may cause damage to your luggage ! Maybe you should road trest it before the great day.
Have fun and enjoy !

Agreed!

I would even consider adding a simple heat shield against the exposed side of the bags. This could be a rectangular sheet of 1/4" plywood, say 8" high by 16" long.

Also, position the bags to ensure adequate air circulation that is trying to exit from the radiator.

Me and my "load" on my first trip on my Nancy. 9 days, 2,300 miles. Louisiana -North Carolina and back.
Nelson Rigg 19 lt. soft saddle bags
Nelson Rigg 40 lt. dry bag (orange bag)
US Army duffel bag
Yes, I'm a serial over-packer

DSCN0451.jpg

BTW- I figured out on my second trip how to add gas without taking off the duffel bag. I took off the rear seat. Still strapped the duffel bag on but only had to push it back a little to add gas. I'll order one of HondaBikePro's rear seat do-away-thingy-rack when he starts making them again.

Last edited:
I have logged 40,000 miles with this basic configuration. When not riding in the dirt, I use my top box. All my camping gear is in the Givi 80 liter duffle bag.

Arkansas 003.jpg.

001.jpg

Last edited:
This is mine loaded up for camping. Still carrying too much stuff. All the camping gear includint 6' high 4 person tent in dry bag on HondaBikePro rack.
Loaded Up.jpg

You can see the rack in this photo with hole for fuel.
Loaded up 2.jpg

Last edited:
BTW- I figured out on my second trip how to add gas without taking off the duffel bag. I took off the rear seat.

Wow, sometimes it's the simple approach that works best :cool: I've got a week long camping trip coming up, and I was content with having ROK straps and dealing with the flip up seat but.... I KNOW I won't have a passenger with me that week. I might as well just take the seat off for the trip and save the trouble of it altogether.

Thanks for the idea!

trey

Wow, sometimes it's the simple approach that works best :cool: I've got a week long camping trip coming up, and I was content with having ROK straps and dealing with the flip up seat but.... I KNOW I won't have a passenger with me that week. I might as well just take the seat off for the trip and save the trouble of it altogether.

Thanks for the idea!

trey

No problem! I have the ROK straps, too. They are nice, but not having to remove the big old duffel bag with every fill-up was nicer!

Two weeks, 4,500km trip. 45% dirt roads, 45% sealed roads, 10% 4x4 tracks.
In the frunk: tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mattress, pillow, tennis shoes, mini first aid kit, standard toolkit, emergency bivvy, USB charger, a pharmacy worth of meds and a bit of food.
10L Kreiga bag on the rear seat: clothes, towel, beanie, mini tablet computer, collapsible bowl and mug.
Strapped to the Kreiga bag: Helinox Chair One, with balance of the bag stuffed with deodourant, liquid soap, and more food.
Under the rear seat: toothbrush kit, cutlery, puncture repair kit, rag and cam-lock strap

aP1010786.jpg
aP1010381.jpg

Yamezz, I would like to know brands and stock numbers of your trunk fillers -just the main ones -tent, sleeping bag and mattress.
That's amazing!
Looking up the chair now!

Edit- looked it up. Fuzzy has one similar from REI.
REI Flex Lite Chair - Free Shipping at REI.com
It is an awesome chair for camping. Very comfortable and packs the smallest of anything I have seen. Also good for things like outdoor concerts.

Here's my NC configured for 50cc attempt (coast to coast in 50 hrs. or less).
Nelson Rigg CL-855 bags on home made racks.

I could blow into a hotel, pop the quick releases, and carry in both bags with ease.

Capacity: 28.76 Liters per side
Cost: $105 for BOTH bags
IMG_1659a.jpg

Last edited:
When I've taken my bike camping so far it's looked essentially stock. Everything went in the frunk, except a camelbak that went on me.

uploadfromtaptalk1406421327625.jpg
That's her loaded up at a rest stop.

I skip the chair, and the tent, and the sleeping pad. One hammock w/bug net, one tarp, slept on top of my riding gear to keep warm (hammock can get cold at night). Oh and I brought a camping pillow too, and freeze dried food for one night.

I'm used to back packing and have been trying to get a nice ultra light setup for fast packing (covering lots of ground in a day on foot carrying only necessities)

Now that I've got luggage the top box and 1 side box is more space than my largest backpack, and there is still the frunk and the other side box, I don't think I'll be strapping a dry bag on to the bike any time soon. (Though a trailer for the canoe would be awesome.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1406423624269.jpg Loaded for an overnighter on Elk River near Noel, MO. All the essentials, except using a military poncho as a rain fly instead of packing a tent. Also, packed for wife and myself. [/IMG]

Back