• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone install Fog lights using a battery tender cable?

JoeZ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, was wondering if it was possible to simply connect 2 fog light wires directly into a battery tender cable ... Simplifying connection and wiring.

Sure but how would you control the fog lights? They would be on all the time even with the key off. If the idea is to use it as an easy power source your still going to have to install a relay and the control so you might as well take the side plastics off and wire it properly.

Good point.

Sure but how would you control the fog lights? They would be on all the time even with the key off. If the idea is to use it as an easy power source your still going to have to install a relay and the control so you might as well take the side plastics off and wire it properly.

Right... Well seems like I'll get it done right then :)

If you're going to install a relay, you might as well add a small fuse panel for accessories. That way you'll have it much, much easier when you want to add other electrical farkles.

Install some LED fog lights. Amperage use is next to nothing and you won't require a relay. I wired mine directly to my high beam circuit so they're on and off with the high beam switch. They work well for adding light for night time riding and an additional day time running light and the cost was something like $50 for the pair.

IMG_0601.JPG

I ordered some cheap lights from china :) some battery tender wires and spliters and an on/off switch.... and will do some experimenting ... If all goes well, in two weeks I'll post my results. :)))

I ordered some cheap lights from china :) some battery tender wires and spliters and an on/off switch.... and will do some experimenting ... If all goes well, in two weeks I'll post my results. :)))

Hope that battery tender cable has fuse protection very close to the battery connections..........????????????

Actually they do sell the battery tender with the fuse connections plus 10 or 16 gauge wiring.

link for that? I think I'd like to try the SAE (battery tender) connection method. Would not be hard to wire in a simple ON/OF switch and make it manual.
Maybe we could put together a list of things required to accomplish it?

link for that? I think I'd like to try the SAE (battery tender) connection method. Would not be hard to wire in a simple ON/OF switch and make it manual.
Maybe we could put together a list of things required to accomplish it?

I'm putting together the parts needed now. When I get a chance later tonight I'll list what I'm getting to do this. Very simple.

Last edited:
No NC700, at least in the USA, comes from the factory with an SAE connector and harness to the battery already installed. If it had one when you bought it, the dealer installed it.

Last edited:
No NC700, at least in the USA, comes from the factory with an SAE connector and harness to the battery already installed. If it had one when you bought it, the dealer installed it.

Nope, dealer never installed. It came the factory that way. Maybe they assume in Canada we store our bikes 4-5 months of the year.

Speaking of the U.S. market only, since I have no idea what happens elsewhere, consider this: Honda offers a 12 accessory outlet as an option. The sum total of the three items needed to accomplish its installation lists for US $115. $115 plus labor just to get a 12 volt outlet. This doesn't sound like the same company that would install battery tender harnesses as a goodwill gesture.

Some countries get actual tool kits, so maybe SAE harnesses are "free" there, too. If the harness does come from the factory, it should be shown in the electrical schematic.

Last edited:
Back