• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Challenge > 100MPG Can YOU do it?

You fellas getting into the 80-90mpg range.......are those US or standard gallons? My best so far is 67.3 miles per US gallon, and I average around 64-65 in my daily commute. I do keep reading that some folks shift at 2500, but that's way to low for me. 4k at least before I hit the next gear.

I log my fuel entries in miles and US gallons. You can view the results in Fuelly in the units of your choice.

Greg

Yes I agree,,riding with a view to achieving a set mpg target is "tedious and very boring". I enjoy the NC cos its good on fuel,but also its fun to ride..Take the fun out and it becomes abit of a dredge...But I am now considering fitting the smaller rear sprocket off the dCt..just to see the affect on Mpg and higher speeds...I,m not too bothered about Acceleration,,but speed,,,,"I need speed"

I wonder how hard it would be to install an MPG gauge on these bikes? I know they make aftermarket ones for cars. I love it on our Prius.

I wonder how hard it would be to install an MPG gauge on these bikes? I know they make aftermarket ones for cars. I love it on our Prius.

I think it will be pretty hard..........most if not all of the car units get the data feed from the OBDII port........NC does not use that port or protocol.

I log my fuel entries in miles and US gallons. You can view the results in Fuelly in the units of your choice.

Greg

Do you remember how you got the 94mpg stated? So far, you are by about 5-10mpg the most fuel efficient bike around.

Do you remember how you got the 94mpg stated? So far, you are by about 5-10mpg the most fuel efficient bike around.

Re-read post #17 and follow the link for the details.

Greg

I see the point of using Solar power and longest mileage on a single charge, etc.
But no, I do not see myself doing such things on my bike. Not this bike or any other bike.
I ride to enjoy myself, not to challenge the physics and aerodynamics. That is for the scientists.
:p
Peace.

Not got a NC yet still trying to make my mind up between a NC700S or a CB500X
but just to muddy the water a bit My 1975 Morini Strada 350 35 bhp at 8000 revs
so not totally out of the ball park as just done 109 UK mpg that's about 90 US mpg
so 100 US should be do able on that if I keep it under 50 mph, that's better than I
ever got on my Honda 90.

Loved my Honda press frame 90. Had it while in Viet Nam. Flagged down a papason, and just bought it. Great little bike for any LZ, but always had to beg someone with a larger ship to move it when we changed LZ.

This morning I achieved my highest mpg yet at 94.5. I rode the same road I got 90 mpg on but doubled back on it and added another section to ride at least 75 miles back to the same gas pump. (76.3 miles). This was using 98% of the indicated odometer reading. I know my odometer is off 1.8 to 1.9% from many checks against my Garmin GPS so I use 98% as a correction factor. Fuel was 10% ethanol blend regular 87 octane USA. I simply shifted up as soon as possible keeping RPMS between 2200 and 3000 and only exceeded 50 mph once coming down a slight hill off a bridge, otherwise I stayed as close as I could to 45 mph as I could. I sat in the seat normally, no laying down behind the windshield. I weigh 155 lbs, 185 in riding gear.

That's it...I'm gonna get on the freeway and draft behind a truck for 10 miles to conquer this myth. I'll check back when they scrape me off the pavement.

This morning I achieved my highest mpg yet at 94.5. I rode the same road I got 90 mpg on but doubled back on it and added another section to ride at least 75 miles back to the same gas pump. (76.3 miles). This was using 98% of the indicated odometer reading. I know my odometer is off 1.8 to 1.9% from many checks against my Garmin GPS so I use 98% as a correction factor. Fuel was 10% ethanol blend regular 87 octane USA. I simply shifted up as soon as possible keeping RPMS between 2200 and 3000 and only exceeded 50 mph once coming down a slight hill off a bridge, otherwise I stayed as close as I could to 45 mph as I could. I sat in the seat normally, no laying down behind the windshield. I weigh 155 lbs, 185 in riding gear.

Awesome! See, it's do-able! I'm glad you accomplished this so people wouldn't think I was crazy/lying/cheating with my own outstanding numbers. And on mine, I'm not correcting for odometer error.

When the helm never calls down to the engine room for anymore thrust than needed to keep the bike rolling at lower speeds (35-55 mph), you'll get mid 80s and up for mpg.

Greg
90 MPG Club :D

Last edited:
Thats amazing congrats!!

I am a long time hypermiler, modding my old car from 25 epa to over 45. Sadly i just bought my NC 5 days ago (it still only has 300 miles) and so ive only filled up twice. Once at 78 and once i only got 62 because i did 40 of those miles in 30mph dirt off road. I look forward to breaking in the bike and beating all of you btw :)

Already ordered the DTC 39T rear sprocket and vista cruise control so i should be able to get pretty high coming soon!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Since the odometer is so close, I say just use it for the record.
If you want, you can report the GPS miles also.
Lets face it 90 mpg and over for this size of bike is amazing!

Sent from my LG-L40G using Tapatalk 2

Since the odometer is so close, I say just use it for the record.
If you want, you can report the GPS miles also.
Lets face it 90 mpg and over for this size of bike is amazing!

Sent from my LG-L40G using Tapatalk 2
I didn't have the GPS on the bike this morning. Here are the receipts at 16,957 and 17,036 miles. I filled up to just over the splash guard in the tank filler at 7:18 AM and rode north up A1A to Fernandina Beach and had a cup of coffee then rode back. When I got back to the Gate station the odometer was around 60 miles so I rode further on Heckscher Drive to a nearby industrial park and looped back to total 78.5 odometer miles, corrected to 76.93 miles.

I would be claiming 96.43 mpg on that tank! (Awesome mileage!!!!) Man your kicking my butt on miles. 17,036 miles, I'm still under 12,000 on mine.
I hate my job! My commute is killing my mileage.

I would be claiming 96.43 mpg on that tank! (Awesome mileage!!!!) Man your kicking my butt on miles. 17,036 miles, I'm still under 12,000 on mine.
I hate my job! My commute is killing my mileage.
Well, this week I will have had it 1 year. I got my NC on 7/25/12. So long warranty! So far this year I am riding about my average - 13,276 miles in 2013 between the NC and the ST with a few hundred on the Elite scooter.

Back