• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Christmas in June!

Craigmri

Reaction score
Visit site
They finally arrived!!!!!! Guess what I'm doing this weekend????

You know, I "assumed" the Silver on the top box and side cases was the same metallic silver. When I saw the brushed silver I was surprised.

Attachments

• Brooksville-20130621-00332 (2).jpg
    Brooksville-20130621-00332 (2).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 135
Enjoy!
It's not bad, the directions are pretty good actually.
Just be careful not to drop the bushings that are in the grab rail , that the bolt goes thru. They even tell you that in the directions :) Don't ask how I know...:eek:
Setting up the locks is the fun part! Don't understand why the top trunk has a separate key....:confused:
Overall - gotta say that the bags are made pretty cheaply.... Yeah Yeah Yeah... I know... Inexpensive bike... yada-yada-yada.... he-he-he... Just saying!

Last edited:
Whats the secret for removing the seat cowl? I have the two bolts and four push-pins out but somethings holding it and the last thing I want to do is snap plastic.

One key?

You mean all three cant be keyed to ignition key????????

Enjoy!
It's not bad, the directions are pretty good actually.
Just be careful not to drop the bushings that are in the grab rail , that the bolt goes thru. They even tell you that in the directions :) Don't ask how I know...:eek:
Setting up the locks is the fun part! Don't understand why the top trunk has a separate key....:confused:
Overall - gotta say that the bags are made pretty cheaply.... Yeah Yeah Yeah... I know... Inexpensive bike... yada-yada-yada.... he-he-he... Just saying!

OK I got the cowl off.....You have to kinda slide it to the rear as their are directional tangs. Now figuring out how to place the template.....Cannot believe an OEM kit requires cutting of plastic.....really strange.

OK I got the cowl off.....You have to kinda slide it to the rear as their are directional tangs. Now figuring out how to place the template.....Cannot believe an OEM kit requires cutting of plastic.....really strange.

That is fixed in the 2013. Just a v1.0 bug..

Cutting the plastic to fit the bracket is not a problem to me. It was done at the dealer and whoever did the work did a nice job. Mine came with the mounting bracket for the Top Box already installed. My only wish is that they had installed ALL the hardware for mounting Top Box and Side Cases. To get the hanger thingies for the Side Cases mounted you have to take the mounting bracket loose. Would have saved me a lot of time if they were already mounted. I'm no mechanic so I took it very slow. Some of you guys would have had it whipped out in no time. But they are on and I'm hoping to use them for some trips this summer.

Installed!

Got everything installed and I'm overall pleased. The quality of the stuff is good. I still think that they could have designed things to avoid requiring owners cut on their painted plastic but its not a deal breaker. For me, the Honda OEM bag designs look the best however the saddlebag unusual shape makes capacity less than ideal. Again not a show stopper for me considering this bike now has four legitimate storage compartments(Top case, saddlebags and Frunk) making this bike have similar storage to my recent K1200LT.

The top case has the givi-like(I'm sure its a givi made product) key with Honda logo on it. Can anyone tell me why Honda went as far as permitting you to match the saddlebag cylinder with the ignition key but not the top case???? One key to do it all makes sense to me. Anyone have any ideas?

Back