• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

crotch rocket or not.

ziggie

Reaction score
Visit site
I have nothing against other bikes.i like all of them for the most part.i have guys ask me at work why i went from a cruzer to a crotch rocket.i even had one pull up beside me and ask what kind of new one i have.then i have to explaine the bike and all that stuff.am i the only one getting this from people? i guess if you don't know much about them i can see why they ask.i was just throwing this out there.i don't care what you ride i give respect to all.

I have nothing against other bikes.i like all of them for the most part.i have guys ask me at work why i went from a cruzer to a crotch rocket.i even had one pull up beside me and ask what kind of new one i have.then i have to explaine the bike and all that stuff.am i the only one getting this from people? i guess if you don't know much about them i can see why they ask.i was just throwing this out there.i don't care what you ride i give respect to all.

Nope. You're not the only one. I show the online photo of the NC700x to someone at work and they usually say "you bought a crotch rocket!"
Then, like you, I have to explain what the bike was made for.

Honestly, I don't mind the mistake. I'm sure Honda wanted it to look fast and stylish. It's a compliment really.

I get embarrassed when somebody compliments my NCX and says "man, that looks fast". I have heard that a number of times. :)

I definitely agree with you all. My neighbor stated to me. "I use to ride bikes back in the day, that crotch rocket is too fast for a first bike!" I did not like the comment, lol. I wanted to explain, but might as well let him think that for a little longer...

I can't imagine anyone confusing the NC700X with a crotch rocket but there you go. Many motorcycles look the same to the uninitiated I suppose.

I get "Is it fast?" as a standard question from everybody. But "fast" is a relative term, I've had mine up to 168km/h, but this is in a land where the maximum speed limit on expressways is 100km/h and the maximum on surface roads is 60km/h.....with most streets in town being 40km/h. On a non-expressway, doing 30 over the limit can lose you your license. Talking about thirty-seven stinking miles per hour limit and having your license yanked for fifty-six stinking miles per hour.

Is it the fastest bike out there? Hell no.

Is it fast enough to get your license revoked? Hell yes.

How much faster does a bike have to be than that?

When people ask me whether my NCX is fast, I just say no. :)
I don't think I've had anyone around here confuse it with a sport bike of _any_ description, though. That's kinda amusing!

My daughter said that it looked big and intimidating, and that she would not ride on it with me.

I also had someone say how cool the bike looked and asked if it was fast, I said yeah it is 80-mpg first tank baby.

first thing everyone says. you are too old for a crotch rocket. I am also finding that a lot of motorist don't like crotch rockets. I get cut-off a lot more than I did on my wing. I had one guy ask what it transforms into. I have learned In my 56 years, to let my yes be yes,no be no and don't explain. I don't owe anybody for it and i like it.

The one that gets me is all the reviewers etc that call it a 700cc engine. Uhh... It is a 670... "but it says 700...*

I think I'd be inclined to simply say, "Technically, it's classified as an ADVENTURE bike." and just leave it at that.

I believe Honda refers to it as being adventure "styled" or having "adventure styling" or some such. Everything I have seen they have very carefully weasel-worded it so you get the idea it is an adventure bike while they never come out and actually call it one.

And I do get tired of having to tell people it is a 670cc engine, and not a 700cc or 750cc. I do wish they had just named it the NC670X instead.

I believe Honda refers to it as being adventure "styled" or having "adventure styling" or some such. Everything I have seen they have very carefully weasel-worded it so you get the idea it is an adventure bike while they never come out and actually call it one.

And I do get tired of having to tell people it is a 670cc engine, and not a 700cc or 750cc. I do wish they had just named it the NC670X instead.

I don't many bikes are the cc's they claim to be. Granted 30cc is a bit much.

We are talking about something new here; a new "concept" bike. We in the United States are only a couple months into having the bike here, therefore many people don't understand what they are looking at. Attempt to be short here.......

For about 30 yrs I rode a cruiser style bike, the most recent were Harley Davidsons (a Softail, a couple Dynas and lastly a Road King). I became bored on the cruiser and took a Honda VFR for a ride and bought it (sold the Road King). I loved the handling and the power, and I especially loved that I didn't have to put on a Harley Davidson "Costume!"

Then I purchased the Yamaha FZ6 and rode it to Colorado and back to St Louis three times. Comfortable, fun to ride and well made! Then I spotted an article last fall about the NCX. I became obsessed with the ground breaking leap that Honda was making. Fascinated, to say the least! Sold the FZ6 and bought the NCX in February when the dealer got one in.

My riding buddies thought I want nutty. Went for a ride with them the other day on the twisties; one rides an Aprillia, another on a Kawasaki 1200 Ninja, Yamaha FJ, etc. I kept up with them on the twisties with no problem. On the straights, I have hit 110 mph and likely had MAYBE 5 more to go. Lets be honest, how fast does a motorcycle have to go when its sole purpose is recreational riding on the "STREETS?"

I wouldn't get too caught up on lack of knowledge about what we have chosen to ride. Give it time, I suspect that this style motorcycle is going to be mimicked by others.

Or something simple and new. I was thinking NC 67, or just 67X. That does sound a bit like a Kawi name though.

My riding buddies thought I want nutty. Went for a ride with them the other day on the twisties; one rides an Aprillia, another on a Kawasaki 1200 Ninja, Yamaha FJ, etc. I kept up with them on the twisties with no problem. On the straights, I have hit 110 mph and likely had MAYBE 5 more to go. Lets be honest, how fast does a motorcycle have to go when its sole purpose is recreational riding on the "STREETS?"

And no other bike has an awesome Frunk! The storage with full cases, tank bag, backpack and a frunk can have one self sustaining (sorta) for weeks! Frunk is what is going to have me picking up one this summer and doing a 60/40 on/offroad build on it.

There is a great read I will need to find where a person took a 700x on, I believe it was called "Taste of Dakar" out by Las Vegas desert. Lil NCX for the most part kept up with the big boys like the BMW1200 off road. Read the only problem it had was smaller 17 tires made it a bit squirly going down into a gully, and got bogged a bit in the sand.

However, that said, at the end of the day, some of the other bikes needed fuel from the spare bottles the NC had, and they even thought they were going to have to siphon fuel from the NC's tank, the bike did that well on fuel. The NC also was one of the only bikes not to tip on the entire trip. One part that made me chuckle was the reviewer apparently flustered quite a few of the expensive bike owners when they found out how much the NC cost!!!!

Last edited:
Back